How to Create Attractive Banners – Set One
- The most important rule – do not do the banner is very cumbersome. For static banners size should vary from 5kb to 8K. For animated same from 9kb to 12Kb.
- Banner should not be too “colorful” is used in its color scheme is not more than 3 – to 4-color.
- Do not make a banner with a transparent background, as on some pages of text banner simply will not be visible.
- Use the original inscription on the banner. Text such as “This is my page – there’s a lot of” no one is to attract and display your banner simply disappear.
- If you’re going to put a banner ad network, make a few species of the same banner, even a small change in its design, in some cases seriously increases the response of visitors on it.
- Try to frequently change the banner in the network, make new banners at least once a month.
- If the CTR of your banner below 2% – do not show it, “normal” CTR conventional graphical banner should be between 2% and 5%.
- To optimize the size of animated banners I recommend the program Ulead Gif Animator – a very useful program to significantly reduce the size of the animation.
- Also, in order to reduce the “weight” of the banner should try to reduce the diversity of color palette. I almost always use to create a banner palette of 32 tsvetv and only in rare cases, 48 or 64 depending on the complexity of the graphics.
- If you use ad banner networks, upload, if possible, several banners it will increase the CTR of banners as a whole.
How to Create Attractive Banners – Set Two
- Try not to overload the page graphics, especially if it is downloaded from free server, this applies to any type icon E-mail, Welcome, Next, and so on.
Try, if possible, draw your graphics, from that of the visitors your page will be a good opinion.
- Do not use a lot of paint in the colors of your page. It must be sustained in the same style.
- If possible, try not to use frames on the page, it makes your life easier when indexing your site in search engines.
- If you use tables, try to build a navigation set the width in pixels rather than percentages. Otherwise, it will look different on the machines that are having different screen resolution.
- Never orient your page for a specific browser. From this you can lose up to half of its visitors per day. Try to find a compromise.
- Do not make the navigation is too confusing. Access to any page on the site should be with no more than three mouse clicks.
- If you decide to enter into any ad network you should not overload the page banner. One or two banners on a page are enough.
- Do not use a large variety of fonts from this visitors will have ripple in the eyes, and it is possible that a sore head 🙂
- Make it convenient and thoughtful navigation, trying to maximize the comfort of “walking” through your website.
- And lastly: always ask to tag the foreground color of your site (in this case white # FFFFFF). And if you use as a background image, still indicate a similar color (blending in with the picture).
How to Create Attractive Banners – Set Three
Tip 1: Do not load the page graphics. A visitor will