Yesterday evening, Google updated the design of the user interface for the Wear OS version of the Google Play Store. Because this update is being sent out in stages, not all users will immediately see the redesigned interface.
An astute member of the Reddit community uncovered the redesign (via 9to5Google). Since then, other users have reported receiving the update. However, it seems that this is a phased rollout since not everyone is now seeing the changes. One person on Reddit with a Moto 360 2nd gen has confirmed getting the update overnight, and another user with a Suunto 7 has also reported receiving the update.
It’s more of a clean-up than a complete rebuild at this point. Instead of being stored in a rectangular block, each item on the different lists is put in a container in the form of a pill. Additionally, the search icon’s colour has been changed from green to white as part of the update.
It is safe to assume that the layout of the game, which is based on cards, makes things somewhat more practical. The icon that was previously shown to the left of each item has been reduced in size but remains. The same may be said about the size of the typeface. In addition, the design of the “Open” button as well as the colour of the text have been modified somewhat.
This is possibly the beginning of the redesign of Wear OS 3.0, which is scheduled to be completed in its entirety by the end of this year. To refresh your memory, Google is working on the next edition of its operating system in collaboration with Samsung and Fitbit. Many people were under the mistaken impression that the search giant was abandoning its platform, but this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
It is anticipated that the next version of Wear OS will provide a significant increase in performance, in addition to a broader assortment of apps and greater fitness tracking capabilities. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is likely to be the first smartwatch to use the new platform when it becomes available. It is expected to debut in August.
It has been close to two years since the last time the Google Play Store underwent a redesign of its user interface. As was previously announced, the deployment would occur in stages. If all goes according to plan and there are no glitches, you should be able to see it on your watch very shortly.
Check out our Guides and Reviews to other Popular Apps and Software
- We use USB Drives for transporting files and carrying information. But if they stop working, we need the softwares to fix a USB flash drive. Choose one from here.
- The best furniture design software provides furniture designers with the tools they need to conceptualize and design professional-quality furniture. Choosing a free furniture design software is the best option.
- Discover the main apps to edit someone out of a photo. Know how they work and which one is the best. All the information here!
- Discover the best fashion design software to design clothes and garments. Check out..
- In some cases, the chrome software reporter tool starts using excessive system resources (causing high CPU usage) and bogs down the PC instead. Follow the article to fix your problem