If positive and happy thoughts are not with you, nothing better than reading this article.
There are positive phrases with so much power that they are able to motivate us and change our way of seeing life to a greater extent than entire books or hour-long talks.
Even in areas of study such as Positive Psychology, we start from the idea that positive thoughts can be an engine of change, something that brings us closer to the personal transformation we seek while making you more optimistic.
That is why, both in the field of psychotherapy and in our day-to-day lives, it is common to use these bits of wisdom to promote a shift towards optimism in the way we see things.
The 125 short positive phrases for your day to day
If you think that reflections and optimistic thoughts are capable of moving mountains, you will like to read this selection with 125 short positive phrases applicable to many contexts of everyday life.
1. Life begins every five minutes
This is an idea of the Catalan comedian and presenter Andreu Buenafuente . It refers to the possibility of breaking certain ideas that tie us to the past to constantly create something new.
2. You will find meaning in life if you believe it
This statement, authored by Osho , translates the philosophy of existentialist philosophers into the language of positive and motivating phrases. We can make everything we do connected to something meaningful to us.
3. Where one door closes, another opens
This is a saying that appears written in the famous novel Don Quixote de la Mancha, by Miguel de Cervantes. Although in this work it appears in a passage with comic overtones (common in picaresque novels), it is frequently used to refer to the capacity for choice and personal development that we always have , even in the most adverse situations.
4. My mistakes were seeds
This is one of the best positive phrases of the artist and promoter of Psychomagic Alejandro Jodorowsky. Thinking positive implies doing a new reading about what we understand by mistakes , which are never a path to nowhere but, in any case, to the opportunity to learn from experience.
5. If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade
One of the classics among positive phrases is this recommendation from self-help pioneer Dale Carnegie. In it is the essential idea of the possibility of using crises to emerge stronger from them.
6. Discard sadness and melancholy. Life is kind, it has a few days and only now we have to enjoy it
This phrase is part of the legacy of the Spanish poet Federico García Lorca. It emphasizes the idea of not indulging in thoughts that take us away from well-being .
7. Happiness is not something done. It comes from your own actions
This phrase from the Dalai Lama appeared in the selection of motivational phrases, but it is practically obligatory to mention it as one of the best positive phrases. Despite the fact that happiness can sometimes seem like a kind of supernatural force that has to accompany us throughout our lives, this is nothing more than the fruit of actions and decisions. Something that is generated with our interaction with the environment .
8. Positive people change the world, while negative people keep it the way it is.
Phrase of anonymous authorship that offers an original interpretation of what optimism is. Of course, nothing like being a person who faces the day to day with good vibes in order to improve reality .
9. A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any drug.
Patricia Neal emphasizes the power of the will in transforming ourselves as people.
10. Everything can have beauty, even the most horrible
Frida Kahlo, probably the most famous Mexican artist in history, talks about beauty as something that can be seen anywhere if you have the right glasses.
11. No one who has given the best of himself has regretted it
This is how George Halas sums up why it makes sense to pursue your own goals and try your best , as one of the keys to feeling proud of yourself and content with life.
12. Fall in love with your existence
Jack Kerouac is a mine of positive and vital phrases, but this one captures his passionate spirit especially well . A bomb-proof vitality.
13. Everyone has the ability to change themselves
The psychologist Albert Ellis, creator of rational emotional therapy , speaks in this way about human potentialities and our ability to adapt to situations.
14. There is a motive force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will
Albert Einstein is lavish in positive and inspiring phrases, and this one here is a good example of that. Willpower can be powerful and can be invested in an infinite variety of projects.
15. You are never too old to have another goal or another dream.
CS Lewis, famous for being the author of The Chronicles of Narnia , was also inventive in finding ways to express positive thoughts . It is this phrase, it refers to our ability to create projects and goals throughout our lives. Let’s get to it.
16. Let’s face it and do the impossible
Ernesto Che Guevara establishes a paradox between what is supposed to be unable to materialize and what, due to willpower, is carried out. One of the most popular positive phrases and one of the most inspiring among political circles .
17. The triumph of the true man arises from the ashes of error
The famous Chilean poet Pablo Neruda reflects on the need to make mistakes in order to achieve solid vital victories . The error also generates very valuable learning.
18. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
Gabriel García Márquez has left us with many positive phrases full of optimism, and this is possibly the best known of them all. It teaches us to face the little moments in life with an attitude that radiates good vibes .
19. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope
Helen Keller appeals to optimism as a force that leads to goals .
20. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
The French philosopher Jean Jacques Rousseau thus encourages not to be discouraged by the lack of short-term incentives in projects that, seen globally, have the power to excite.
21. Every problem has in its hands a gift for you
Richard Bach talks about the paradox that lives in challenges : an experience that initially repels us may contain something that we seek and that does us good.
22. Even the darkest night will end with sunrise
Victor Hugo believes that bad times disappear by their very nature , and that they give way to much more positive episodes of change.
23. If you look at the Sun, you will not see the shadows
With another mention of the star king, Hellen Keller encourages us to direct our attention to the positive aspects of life .
24. Happiness tends to sneak in through a door that you didn’t know you had left open.
A thought from John Barrymore. Along the lines of other positive phrases, happiness is discussed here as something that appears spontaneously, without looking for it .
25. Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher
Maya Watson believes that even unpleasant experiences have a positive background if you learn from them.
26. The only ones interested in changing the world are pessimists, because optimists are delighted with what there is
José Saramago makes us see that, perhaps, an excess of optimism can be sedating. In the measure is the taste .
27. I am optimistic. It doesn’t seem very useful to be anything else
Winston Churchill advocated optimism, if only as a matter of pragmatism .
28. Everyone thinks about changing the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself
Alexei Tolstoi teaches us the importance of looking first at oneself, and then externalizing our positive aspects.
29. People change when they realize the potential they have to change reality
The Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho is one of the great authors of famous phrases. In this he gives us to understand that only by knowing our potential can we motivate ourselves to create new things .
30. Every day I look at myself in the mirror and ask myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am going to do today?” If the answer is “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
The creator of Apple Steve Jobs, who passed away in 2011, was a great innovator and gave us master classes to live the day to day with enthusiasm .
31. Laugh every day and you won’t have wasted a single moment of your life
An anonymous phrase that reminds us to smile more often .
32. If we exaggerate our joys, as we do with our sorrows, our problems would lose importance
This quote, pronounced by the French writer Anatole France, gives us faith that we tend to give more importance to the bad than to the good . Why don’t we change our mindset?
33. It is good to have joy at home and not have to look for it outside
The German poet Goethe, one of the most brilliant thinkers in history, remembers that happiness is not found a thousand kilometers from home .
34. When hope sprouts, the heart takes advantage and begins to act on its own
This Haruki Murakami quote reveals the influence of our desires on our body and mind .
35. The true greats are those of great spirit
Those who manage to achieve success and be happy are those who have enough determination to always push forward . Great thought of Francisco de Quevedo.
36. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Nietzsche wants to express that all experiences strengthen us .
37. The truest wisdom is resolute determination
The military man Napoleon Bonaparte describes wisdom as the ability to face challenges with ease and enthusiasm .
38. Failure is a good opportunity to start over with more intelligence
Henry Ford transforms his pragmatic philosophy into a highly versatile positive phrase.
39. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them
Walt Disney points out that even a positive mindset is often challenging on its own.
40. The best way to predict the future is to create it
Abraham Lincoln, on the horizon of possibilities offered by the future.
41. Having fewer keys allows you to open more doors
A positive phrase from Alex Morritt to find optimism even in those situations where it seems that we have few options.
42. A healthy attitude is contagious. Let others soak up it
The irrational nature of the positive attitude can be a great advantage when it comes to relating to others. Quote from Charles F. Glassman.
43. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Positive mentality is, in addition to something pleasant in itself, a resource that provides efficiency. The quote is from Colin Powell.
44. The best way to forget the bad things in life is to learn to remember the good things
A quote from Mark Amend to remind us how important it is to know how to focus our attention .
45. When one door closes, many more open
The possibilities and windows of opportunity are constantly changing, and you have to know how to see them, as this famous phrase by Bob Marley says.
46. It always seems impossible until it’s done
This is one of those positive phrases in which we are reminded that before facing a challenge we do not always assess our possibilities realistically, even if it seems like it. The quote is from Nelson Mandela.
47. Correction does a lot, but courage does more
According to Goethe, the value of undertaking projects and facing challenges is, in itself, something that moves us forward .
48. Believe that life deserves to be lived and the belief will help create the fact
The famous psychologist William James, on the importance of examining our ideas and attitudes before attempting to examine the world and explore our possibilities.
49. If you can dream it, you can do it
A perfect sample of one of those positive phrases in which our ability to imagine opportunities in a big way is praised, and how beneficial this is. Walt Disney quote.
50. I am grateful to everyone who said no to me. Thanks to them I am doing it by myself
Albert Einstein, on how to look favorably upon even those episodes in our lives in which doors seem to close.
51. Enthusiasm moves the world
The power of an attitude not only affects our lives, but it has repercussions throughout society. This quote is from Arthur Balfour.
52. The power of imagination makes us infinite
An interpretation for this phrase by John Muir could be the following: to imagine is to find options where there were none before
53. Without rain there would be no rainbow
Some positive parts of our life only happen because sad scenes have happened before . The author is Gilbert Chesterton.
54. Within the difficulty lies the opportunity
Albert Einstein, about the opportunities that come hand in hand with challenges.
55. Once you have chosen the option of hope, anything is possible
Believing in a better future allows us to make it more possible. Christopher Reeve quote.
56. From a small seed a mighty tree can be born
Aeschylus, on the need to value the small until it becomes a source of potential.
57. In life there are as many special occasions as we sometimes choose to celebrate them
The product of our optimism is, in part, in the way we look at it. Quote by Robert Braul.
58. Life has no limitations other than those that one puts on oneself
Although the limitations appear to be the product of a rational and realistic mindset, they are also partly imaginary, according to Les Brown.
59. Who is happy will make others happy
Happiness and optimism as something social and shared. Anne Frank quote.
60. Miracles are born out of our difficulties
In line with other positive phrases, this one by Jean de la Bruyere tells us that challenges are windows of possibility.
61. Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is
Vince Lombardi, on the need to maintain a winning mentality.
62. Believe that you can and will have already made it halfway
Some of our personal progress is so discreet that it seems almost invisible, and it is found in the kind of mindset and thoughts that we cultivate. Theodore Roosevelt quote.
63. It’s never too late to be who you could have been
This quote from George Eliot tells us that there is no reason to believe that our time to go for something has passed.
64. No matter how slow you walk as long as you walk
For Confucius, the fact of progress is in itself something that we must value upwards .
65. Dreaming is a way of making plans
Even in the most irrational wishes and fantasies there are possible plans and strategies that can benefit us. The phrase is from Gloria Steinem.
66. Learning is a gift. Even pain is a teacher
A positive phrase about the infinite variety of situations from which we can learn lessons. The quote is from Maya Watson.
67. If you can change your mind, you can change the world
William James, once again. The phrase emphasizes the role of our mental and private world in seeing how we live our lives.
68. The difference between winning and losing is usually not giving up
Walt Disney, on the beauty of keeping long-term projects alive.
69. No matter the situation, remind yourself of this idea: “I have options”
In this phrase by Deepak Chopra also in this phrase the way in which our ideas carve our world is emphasized.
70. Life is not happening to you. Life is answering you
A beautiful positive phrase of unknown authorship in which it is expressed to what extent we are active subjects in our lives .
71. When the road seems impossible, start the engine
You have to keep in mind the importance of having an ace up your sleeve. Quote by Benny Bellamacina.
72. The only disability in life is a bad attitude
In this phrase by Scott Hamilton it is emphasized to what extent negative thoughts can be a brake.
73. Make your optimism come true
Being successful is, in part, putting your positive ideas into practice. Unknown authorship.
74. Learn to smile in any situation. Take it as an opportunity to express your strength
The practical power of smiles as something that changes our reality. The author is by Joe Brown.
75. We cannot control the wind, but we can adjust the sails
This anonymous phrase expresses the extent to which every inevitable event has a side that we can control.
76. My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud
Optimism and a positive attitude are noticed and sometimes speak for us . At least in the case of the musician Henry Rollins, author of the phrase.
77. Pessimism leads to weakness and optimism to power
William James, on the limitation of pessimism and the productiveness of a positive mindset.
78. Life changes very quickly, and in a positive way, if you let it
Goals that one day seem unattainable can be part of the present if we create the opportunities for them. Lindsey Vonn quote.
79. The most important thing is to stay positive
The positive mindset is a necessary base to build from it. The quote is from Saku Koivu.
80. The only difference between a bad day and a good day is your attitude.
A positive phrase from Dennis S. Brown along the lines of those that emphasize the importance of mentality to generate optimism from situations.
81. Positive thinking will let you use the skills you have, and that’s great.
Optimism makes it easier for us to realize our potential, according to Zig Ziglar.
82. Having a positive attitude is asking yourself how something can be done, rather than saying it can’t be done.
Here is expressed the importance of transforming the positive attitude into a source of potential . Bo Bennett quote.
83. When you think positive, things happen
For Matt Kemp, maintaining a certain mindset helps to see moments when beneficial situations can be created.
85. No matter who you meet throughout your life, you will take something from them, be it positive or negative
According to Gary Allan, even what seems like a waste of time or something extremely harmful makes us evolve as people.
86. Keep a positive mind and laugh at everything
One of the clearest and most transparent positive phrases. In fact, it is an order! Alexandra Roach quote.
87. Your heart is full of seeds waiting to germinate
For Morihei Ueshiba, the potential of our most passionate and irrational part is often hidden .
88. Surround yourself with positive people
An advice that can be followed by both people who are optimistic and those who are not. Quote by Melanie Fiona.
89. Do not cry because it is over, smile because it has happened
Here it is emphasized that the positive mindset can also be focused on the past. Dr. Seuss quote.
90. The negative is as important as the positive
This phrase by Ellsworth Kelly talks about the need to take into account both the bad and the good in order to see both kingdoms in perspective.
91. Please try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Samuel Beckett, on the positives of seeing failure as a source of personal growth.
92. Write in your heart that every day is the best day of your life
The philosophy based on “live in the moment” is expressed in this phrase by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
93. Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them
A phrase that reminds us that the positive is extracted from the control we gain over difficulties. Quote by Steve Maraboli.
94. All things are difficult until they are easy
Thomas Fuller emphasizes how easy it is for humans to learn and make yesterday’s challenges what we get used to.
95. Life has no remote control. Get up and change it on your own
One of those positive phrases (in this case, by Mark A. Cooper) that could also serve to motivate at work or in any project undertaken .
96. A better world is not only possible, it is coming
An alternative explanation would be that the best is yet to come. Quote by Arundhati Roy.
97. The best type of happiness is the habit that you are passionate about
Shannon L. Alder left a reminder about how the positive has to happen to our day to day .
98. Aspire to be the person you most admire
Quote from Deborah A. Carr to remind us that the most important audience is oneself.
99. We are gods in a chrysalis
A positive and poetic phrase by Dale Carnegie that reflects the unsuspected power that each one keeps in himself .
100. Look back and smile at past dangers
Challenges are not only meant to be overcome, but also to be examined in hindsight. Quote by Walter Scott.
101. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection that we share with another living being.
Barbara L. Fredrickson talks about the nice times we spend connecting with someone .
102. The good life is a process, not a state
Carl Rogers , one of the leaders of humanistic psychology, speaks of happiness as something that has to do with the way we move, how we live day to day.
103. There is no failure, only unfinished success
A phrase by the Hindu artist Ravi Varma, gives us an optimistic vision of those situations that do not follow our expectations.
104. Loving yourself is the beginning of a lifelong romance
The writer Oscar Wilde left us this reflection on self-esteem and its positive implications .
105. Happiness is not out there for us to find, and the reason for that is that it is within us.
One of the positive phrases of the researcher Sonja Lyubomirsky, about happiness.
106. I walk slowly, but I never walk backwards
This positive phrase from Abraham Lincoln points out the importance that patience has in our lives .
107. A good laugh heals many wounds
American writer Madeleine L’Engle talks about the power of joy and good humor .
108. No matter your age, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston brings a joyful vision of the capabilities that characterize us at each stage of our life.
109. Victory is always possible for those who refuse to surrender
The writer Napoleon Hill, in one of his positive and motivating phrases .
110. The noblest and most beautiful things in life are not meant for us to hear stories about them, to read about their existence or for us to see, but are to be lived
Søren Kierkegaard, one of the pioneers of existentialism, talks about the nature of experiences that mean the most to us .
111. Music is the poetry of the air
A positive phrase by the German writer Jean Paul Richter that also gives us a very pleasant insight into the nature of music .
112. True love stories never end
For Richard Bach, love stories always remain in the memories , even if their protagonists disappear.
113. A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself
A reflection by Frank Crane about friendship and what unites us .
114. If you have never failed, you have never lived
For the journalist and writer Hunter S. Thompson, mistakes were perfectly integrated into life and our existence, so that we do not have to regret them .
115. Miracles are born out of difficulties
One of those positive phrases that focus on the good in the bad . In this case, the author is the French writer Jean de la Bruyère.
116. Life is like jazz … better if improvised
An inspirational quote from composer and pianist George Gershwin.
117. To combat frustration, we must find a balance between the individual and the collective: learning to manage our attention and share the world with others
This famous quote is from the Spanish social psychologist Adrián Triglia.
118. If you give light, the darkness will go away by itself
A reflection by Erasmus of Rotterdam about our ability to do good and the impact that this has on our lives.
119. The world is full of magic that waits patiently for our wits to sharpen
A phrase by the philosopher Bertrand Russell about the world’s ability to surprise us .
120. Man has never made a material as resistant as the resilient soul
Philosopher Bernard Williams talks here about resilience and its power in our lives .
121. Brighten tomorrow with today!
The poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning offers one of the positive phrases that, more than advice, seem orders (whose fulfillment is not an unpleasant task, yes).
122. We live for about 30,000 days, and in each one of them we decide to change our reality … or to let ourselves go
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, Spanish psychologist and writer.
123. Thought is overrated. You have to think less and feel more
The Valencian psychologist Nacho Cóller reflects on the anxiety due to excessive thinking about things.
124. We live for about 30,000 days, and in each of them we decide to change our reality … or to let ourselves go
A reflection of Bertrand Regader, Spanish psychologist and writer.
125. Grief is necessary at certain times in life. Just as necessary as knowing how to return to our existence certain objectives that encourage us to continue
We close this collection of positive and optimistic phrases with this extract from a book by Jonathan García-Allen.
Your day to day, much more positive from now on
So far the selection of short positive phrases. If we are missing any, you can suggest and provide extra recommendations to complete the list of positive thoughts, adding the name of the author, and we will probably add it in this article.
Hopefully they help you face each new day with joy. Courage and move forward with more force than ever.