To capture the attention of consumers interested in high-end smartwatches, the Finnish technology company Suunto has introduced the Suunto 7. Its status as a Wear OS watch and the fact that it comes loaded with functions make it an excellent option for those of you who are interested in monitoring not just your health but also your day-to-day activities. Have a look at our review to get an idea of the specific things it can do for you.
Who Is Going to Wear the Suunto 7?
If you’ve ever entertained purchasing an Apple Watch, then the Suunto 7 could very well be the ideal replacement. In terms of functionality, it shares many of the same features as the Apple Watch and comes with a microphone but does not include a speaker. If you have music saved on your watch and you want to listen to it, you can link your phone or Bluetooth to your watch and access the music there. Particularly useful if you want insights into your fitness and activity levels.
This wristwatch might not be the best option for you if you compete in ultramarathons or triathlons; instead, you might want to consider purchasing a Suunto Spartan. It will not provide the kind of knowledge you require to monitor and enhance your own performance in any way. Having said that, it is an excellent option for anyone who is just beginning their road toward a healthier lifestyle.
What Kind of High-Performance Watch Is the Suunto 7?
The Suunto 7 is a multi-sport and multi-terrain smartwatch that can perform well in various activities and environments. Display size and resolution are both 1.39 inches and full color. You do not need to pause or strain your eyes in order to see all that is taking place. The display is a complete touchscreen that also has four navigation buttons for added convenience. You will be able to make better use of it as a result of this. It is compatible with smartphones running the iOS or Android operating system.
The watch weighs only about 70g and has a battery that can last for up to two full days without needing to be recharged. However, this is only the case if you do not listen to music or use a GPS. If you switch on the GPS, you should anticipate that it will only last for 12 hours; however, this time frame will be cut in half if you also use it to listen to music. This is a letdown considering that the majority of smartwatches already come equipped with music and GPS as essential features. On the other hand, if you don’t mind charging it every night, it’s a good buy overall.
Which Features Are Included in the Base Model of the Suunto 7?
The Suunto 7 is loaded with a tonne of impressive features that are sure to captivate your inner athlete. It is capable of tracking over 70 different sports, allowing you to monitor your own performance, determine your personal best, and strive to improve upon it. You can use it to track your heart rate, and Google Fit will receive the findings straight for further analysis.
The ability to play your favorite songs from apps or Google Play to create routes for your fitness sessions, phone integration and call answering, support from Google Assistant, and access to weather forecasts are also excellent features. Other excellent features include:
- The ability to play your favorite tunes.
- The ability to play your favorite tunes from apps.
- The ability to access weather forecasts. Support from Google Assistant.
When you first put it on, you won’t know what you’re missing, but after a few days of use, you won’t be able to imagine your life without it.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Suunto 7?
Because the Suunto comes with such a comprehensive set of features, it might be challenging to determine the most useful ones. Some of our favorites are listed below:
- You are able to use heat maps that are customized to reflect your current location.
- You have the ability to select the required amount of zoom for your heatmaps.
- The notifications system is extremely user-friendly and uncomplicated to use.
- You won’t have to waste time hunting around for the settings because they are intuitively laid out and located precisely where you’d expect them to be. This means you won’t have to figure out how to access anything individually.
- There is a wide variety of stylish watch faces available for you to select from according to your preferences.
- You can save a copy of a particular map area to your device, and even if you lose connection to the internet, you will still be able to monitor where you have been and how well you have done.
- The monitor for the user’s heart rate functions appropriately and can generally be relied upon.
You should always prepare yourself for the possibility that some aspects of a piece of technology will disappoint you. In order to help you make an informed decision about whether or not to purchase one, we have outlined some potential drawbacks below:
- When worn, the Suunto 7’s body can seem somewhat cumbersome due to its size, which appears to be on the larger side.
- The strap has a low-quality feel, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it can be upgraded to a better version in the future.
- People who have small wrists will have a difficult time wearing it since it will flood their wrists.
- It is quite a pricey alternative, and we are not entirely confident that its capabilities warrant the cost involved.
- When you use GPS or listen to music, the amount of time, the battery will last drops to less than a day.
Why Should I Invest in a Suunto 7?
If you are willing to spend a significant amount of money on a smartwatch, then the Suunto 7 could be an excellent option for you to consider. It is designed with athletes in mind, and the fact that it can keep track of more than 70 different sports makes it a very appealing product. As a point of comparison, you might want to look at Suunto versus Garmin, or as an alternative, you might look at the Garmin Fenix 6 and see what it has to offer.
It is able to accurately track data from users. It gives you the ability to analyze that data from the convenience of your phone as soon as an exercise has concluded. Because it is so simple to use, and because the navigation buttons make the beginning and ending activities a breeze, you won’t have to waste any time reading through the available options to locate the one that best suits your requirements.
It is a beautiful feature of the Suunto 7 that it is not only a sports tracking watch; you can also use it to pay for your purchases, make phone calls, and stay in touch with others through text messaging. You get access to the complete Wear OS experience, which is a fantastic addition to the watch and makes it even better. It would appear that Suunto has successfully entered the mainstream market for smartwatches with this watch.