The customization is without doubt the main advantage of Android over other mobile platforms . If you have a smartphone based on Google’s mobile platform, you can modify virtually any aspect of the user interface you can imagine, from the launcher to the style of notifications. However, one of the easiest and fastest ways to give a personal touch to the home screen of your mobile is to change the icons of your Android.
In Google Play there are thousands of icon packs for Android , both free and paid, that can be used in most launchers to change the style of the home screen. In this article, we collect the best applications to change Android icons, as well as the most popular and best designed icon packs that can be downloaded.
Change icons on Android: so you can do it
Before you head on Google Play and download the best icon packs for your Android mobile , you must know what the process is to apply them and thus change the aesthetics of your home screen.
The first step will be to make sure you have a launcher compatible with custom icons. In Google Play there are countless applications of this type, although the most recommended and popular are the following:
- Nova Launcher
- Action Launcher
- Lawnchair Launcher
- Evie Launcher
How to change all the icons of your Android
Once you have decided on one of these applications that allow you to use icon packs on Android , it is time to download one of the packages through Google Play , which we will subsequently apply by following these steps:
- On the launch screen of the launcher, long press on an empty space and access the configuration of the launcher.
- Find the section called “Aesthetics”, “Appearance” or similar and access it. An option to change the theme of the icons will appear .
- If this is accessed. option, all icon packages installed on the phone will appear. Simply select one of them to apply.
Now, when you return to the home screen, you will see how all the mobile icons have been modified with the new theme you just installed.
How to change icons one by one
Of course, in some cases, your intention may not be to change all the icons on the home screen . Luckily, most packages offer alternative icons, with different appearances that can be applied to the icon of the same application. These are the steps to follow in that case:
- On the home screen or the launcher’s app drawer, long press on the icon you want to change.
- A pop-up menu will appear with different options, including “Edit . ”
- When accessing this option, the icon image and its name will be displayed. By clicking on the icon , another menu will appear, in which you can change the appearance.
- Now select the icon pack you have downloaded, and choose the icon you want to use for the application you selected in the first step.
Best icon packs for Android
Now that you know how to change the icons on Android , it’s time to dive among the thousands of icon packs that exist on Google Play, and choose which one will be the best for your home screen. While it is very difficult to keep only a few that are better than the rest, we will select those that, in our opinion, are among the best icon packages for Android that you can download , both free and paid.