There are many ways to use this technique: as long as responsibility, love and forgiveness are the protagonists, we are performing Ho’oponopono. But here you can see a specific protocol.
Establishes and investigates the problem or situation
Declare, loudly or quietly, that you are going to perform a Ho’oponopono process. Establish the problem or situation you want to work on. Ask for the collaboration of the subconscious mind and the superconscious mind. Investigate your relationship to that problem or situation with these types of questions:
- What is there in me that can cause or be related to this situation or problem?
- What memories are related?
- What patterns and behaviors do I repeat?
- How do I behave in the problem or situation? How do I solve it?
- What do I think of the matter?
- How do I feel about the matter? Is there anger, fear , guilt… related?
- What can I do to improve the situation?
Attitudes for Ho’oponopono
Whenever you do Ho’oponopono you should consider, at all times, these aspects:
- Inspiration: As you reflect or cleanse, you should always be open to hearing the information that inspiration provides. Perhaps a memory comes to mind, an emotional association, the awareness of a pattern of behavior that you repeat, something that you have often wanted. Much of this information will be available to your consciousness when you pose the problem, but much more will surface as inspiration during the problem.
- Repentance: Take responsibility for having accepted and/or generated a series of patterns, beliefs, memories and emotional associations. Take the responsibility you have had in maintaining them, and the one you have in transforming them. Be aware that everything in your life is created through your memories. Nothing in your reality is incompatible with them. Whenever you are aware of any memory, pattern or wrong behavior, you must understand that you should not have done it (although we all have the right to make mistakes), to the point of deciding that you would never go back or repeat it. Choose another better behavior or method to learn to behave better.
- Repair: Whenever you become aware of an incorrect action, way of thinking or feeling, you must correct the error from your conscious mind. If you caused damage, admit your mistake, drop the excuses, ask for forgiveness and try to repair the damage. If your way of acting, feeling and thinking are not the best, write how you would like to do it. Find a way to learn how to do it better. If you become aware of a wrong behavior, a way of thinking or feeling that you need to improve and, as a conscious mind, you decide to do nothing (i.e. continue with the mistake) and simply repeat phrases and sentences so that the divinity within I changed everything, nothing happens (it will never force you to change if you choose to persist). So decide what changes you will make, what behaviors you will learn, how you will apologize…
- Balance: trust the process, trust the lower and higher selves are also working and doing their part. If the conscious mind has its collaboration, you will be able to transform your behaviors, patterns and beliefs with much more ease. You have to be willing to forgive and release. Refuse to demand a repair if you have felt damaged because if you wait you continue to be linked to the problem instead of freeing yourself.
Step 1: Relaxation and breathing Ha
Now you’re going to start the cleanup proper. Find a comfortable position, use a relaxation method , do an energy charge (I recommend using Ha breathing as Morrnah teaches us). You are now ready to free yourself.
Step 2: Dialogue with the minds to ask for Ho’oponopono
Follow these steps:
- Be aware that the conscious mind accepted or created a memory stored in the subconscious mind, and that this memory is the creative source of a past, present or future situation. The conscious mind can never fully know these memories.
- Ask the subconscious mind, with love and humility, to raise the request to cleanse the Divinity Within, with the charge of vital energy built with the breath.
- Now you know that the superconscious mind has been invited, that it participates in the process, that it evaluates the memories, that it can send you inspirations.
- Be open to change, to the flow of healing energy, to the erasing of memories and to inspiration.
Step 3: Change of vision
Whenever you get stuck in the process try the following:
- Talk to things and body parts. Thank them for their involvement in your life. Especially if they also suffer to respond to your memories.
- Consider that people are perfect beings of light who are willing to suffer, generate suffering and do wrong and sometimes absurd things, just because some of your memories have to become your reality.
- Apologize to things and people for the scripts you have created for them. Express your desire to change your patterns and the conviction that it is possible. Listen again to inspiration.
- Ask for learning to occur for the transformation of these memories. Release in order to be released. Give up memories so that the world, people and things can show you their perfection.
Step 4: Hold attention with the 4 phrases
The longer the practice lasts, the better. After all of the above, it is interesting to keep the attention of the conscious mind on the process without it doing anything other than being present (not thinking, evaluating, or evaluating the problem). So have her repeat the four phrases, and try to make sense of them and connect with responsibility, change, love and gratitude. Repeat with the order that seems to you, insist with one and then another or do all four in a row:
- I apologize
- Love you
Another option is to repeat the Morrnah prayer as a litany. Or even, if you have already connected with them, the trigger words.
Step 5: Close the process with thanks
Give thanks to the subconscious and superconscious mind. Thank yourself as a conscious mind. Appreciate the participation, the communication, the work, the cleanliness and the result whatever it may be. Trust that the divinity within will bring out the best for you (especially if you keep working and erasing). Listen for inspiration or if any new perspective on the situation emerges. Close the practice for today, declaring it out loud or quietly, with a feeling of forgiveness, love and gratitude.
Repeat this process several times
In this way you progressively erase memories, you improve your attitude, you gradually free yourself from guilt and resentment. All this will facilitate an increasingly better communication between the three aspects of the Self, in relation to the problem. Thus, every time you practice Ho’oponopono to solve or in relation to something, you will have more opportunities to reach all the information and clean more deeply, becoming more aware of your memories, inspiration and behaviors that you must change.
Ho’oponopono in everyday situations
Previous work is often essential. We have said that it must be repeated. But there is the possibility of reinforcing it during everyday moments, anytime, anywhere. It is especially important when the mind begins to wander (walking through the memories reinforcing them) or thinking about the problem/situation.
- Become aware of the problem, you have already done the analysis and you will go deeper at another time.
- Inwardly declare that you will begin the process.
- Find a way to relax and do some energizing breathing systems.
- Maintain the dialogue with the three minds asking for cleaning.
- Repeat the 4 phrases or sentences.
- Listen at all times to the inspiration that may arise.
- Connect with a feeling of love, forgiveness and gratitude, creating a positive charge during the practice.
- You may be distracted or have to attend to something that happens in your environment. Simply return to the situation, and continue with the phrases or sentences.
- When you want to finish, acknowledge the participation of all three minds and state that the practice is over for now.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational purposes only and has been developed by referring to reliable sources and recommendations from experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.