Are you curious about the kinds of fitness trackers and watches that kayakers use?
I will now provide you with seven of the finest and most widely used ones that are available to kayakers.
Incorporating technology into every aspect of one’s life is something that should be prioritized. In particular, when there is technology available that has the potential to make your experience a great deal better, there is no reason not to make use of it.
The requirements for technology are different for people whose lifestyles entail going trekking in difficult terrains or going kayaking, such as adventurers and those whose lifestyles involve going kayaking.
In addition to all of this, it is of the utmost importance to keep in mind that wearing a fitness tracker when kayaking is of the utmost significance. It is an essential tool for navigating, staying safe, and keeping track of things.
Wearables such as activity trackers and watches are popular among kayakers.
What should you look for in a watch if you’re going to go kayaking?
Before settling on the watch that will serve you best throughout your time spent kayaking, there are a lot of considerations you need to give attention to. This comprises a number of features, including:
1) Water Resistance: This should come as no surprise to you.You will need a tracker that is water-resistant to a sufficient degree to survive the pressure of the water that you will encounter while kayaking. This includes becoming wet through splashes, being partially submerged, and maybe even rain. Your tracker has to be able to continue operating normally across all of these. In light of this, it is quite likely that you will want a tracker that can withstand water pressures of up to five ATM. The vast majority of fitness trackers provide this level of security, so it should not be difficult to locate one that does.
2) Dimensions Your tracker’s dimensions ought to be such that they are legible when seen on the screen. It should have a screen that is sufficiently large, but at the same time, it shouldn’t be too cumbersome. When kayaking, you will feel better overall and more comfortable if the watch you are wearing is lighter. The length of the band is also very important. Your wrist should be taken into consideration when designing the band of your watch. This will ensure that you have maximum comfort when paddling.
3) Battery Life: GPS tracking may have a particularly negative impact on the battery life of a device. Consequently, it is highly recommended that you invest in a tracker that has the longest possible battery life for use during your travels. You really do not want your tracker to stop working in the middle of your activity, do you?
4) Ease of Use: The functionality of a watch is judged to be of higher quality if it can be used with less effort. You need to keep your attention on the task at hand and not allow your watch to divert your attention away from it. Because of this, it is essential to have a watch that is not only more useful but also simpler to operate. Because people may be wearing gloves or have damp hands in these situations, interfaces that are button-based may be preferable.
Now let’s take a look at the fitness trackers that are most suited for paddlers who spend a lot of time on the water. We are going to make an effort to meet the requirements of both professional kayakers and recreational paddlers who are interested in keeping score of how well they have performed in their sport.
The best fitness trackers for kayaking are as follows:
Garmin Fenix 5 and 6: Garmin Fenix 6 Pro – The latest addition to the premium Fenix series.
There is a good chance that this is the piece of technology that is most suited for kayakers. It is the most advanced model available, a high-end watch designed for the most courageous and exploratory of individuals.
This watch is ideal for you if you consider yourself an adrenaline addict and like challenging yourself physically against the elements of the natural world.
It is able to communicate with both GPS and GLONASS satellites, which contributes to its having superior GPS performance.
This provides an absurdly high level of precision in navigation.It keeps track of the total number of strokes, the pace at which you paddle, and the distance between each stroke.
When you consider that it can also measure your heart rate, distance, and speed, the battery life is just incredible.
It will offer you up to 20 hours of use with the GPS turned on, and it will also give you 35 hours of use in the UltraTrac power saving mode.
It also comes with a floodlight for use at night and features button navigation, which is excellent for use in settings that are typical of kayaking.
In addition, it has a sturdy and powerful construction and it is resistant to water up to a depth of one hundred meters, making it the greatest potential choice among those shown here.
In addition to these functions, it also has a barometric altimeter, a gyroscope, and a three-axis compass.
Along with an app that calculates sun and moon tides, it also features a mapping function. This tracker certainly lives up to its name as a beast!
2) Polar M400 GPS Smart Watch: Polar M400 GPS Smart Watch
This ultra-light watch, which weighs just 51 grams, was not designed with water activities in mind when it was built. The fact that it can track many sports makes it the ideal smartwatch for runners.
However, the fact that it is resistant to water and has excellent GPS technology means that it has also shown itself to be a very suitable choice for those who paddle kayaks.
In addition to tracking your position, distance traveled, and speed, the GPS in this device will also create a map of the route you take.
The feature that stands out the most is called “return to start,” and it displays a distance indicator to let you know how far you are from where you began. A significant advantage of this wristwatch is that its software enables the creation of a kayaking profile for the wearer.
In terms of appearance, it is available in a number of different hues, and its design is rather gorgeous. It comes with straps that are longer to accommodate those who have bigger wrists, and its screen is larger, making it easier to see than smaller displays.
The device has a battery life of eight hours even while utilizing the GPS function. Additionally, if you wish to link a heart rate monitor to it, you may do so without any problems.
3) Garmin Forerunner 15: Garmin Forerunner 15 is a GPS running device.
It should come as no surprise that Garmin is at the top of the list. They truly do provide the most superior smartwatches in every category. The price is right, and the design is simple, making this the perfect watch.
The Garmin Forerunner 15 is an entry-level watch that combines general activity monitoring with a fundamental level of GPS technology. This feature is offered on the watch. Once the connection has been established with satellites at a new location, the data will be accurate and dependable. However, this might take a few minutes.
The water resistance is rated at up to 5 ATM, and the battery life can last for up to 8 hours. It is a watch that is not only pleasant to wear but also lightweight, and it has an easy-to-read display.
4. Suunto Ambit 3
The Suunto Ambit 3 is a watch that exudes sophistication and allure. This watch has been reinforced to make it more robust, and it was designed specifically with the outdoors in mind.
The water-resistance of the Suunto Ambit 3 makes it the ideal companion for any outdoor activities you may partake in. It comes with a number of benefits, all of which combine to make it an excellent option for you to consider purchasing.
In addition to all of that, it provides you with features that may keep you up to date with your speed, pace, recovery times, distance, and other relevant information. In addition to this, it gives you the option to browse via different routes as well as find brand new ones.
It has FusedAlti, which not only makes it easier for you to see your altitude but also provides sunrise/sunset and temperature warnings.
5) Garmin Vivoactive: The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is the newest addition to the popular Vivoactive line.
You also have the ability to modify the design, which comes with a gorgeous and sleek style that is not only attractive but also pleasant to wear.
It features a highly strong battery that can last for up to three weeks while in activity mode, and it can also survive for approximately ten hours when in GPS tracking mode.
Additionally, the Vivoactive is water-resistant up to a depth of fifty meters. It can be read in direct sunlight, has high resolution and visibility, and is extremely simple to navigate. Other benefits include these. The fact that it does not come with a wrist heart rate monitor is the one potential drawback to this product.
6) Huami Amazfit Bip:
The Huami Amazfit Bip is a smartwatch that can be purchased for less than one hundred dollars and provides the majority of the features that are available on the other smartwatches on our list.
Check out the review that I wrote about it on my website to see why I think it is the best affordable GPS watch.
Due to the fact that it was so reasonably priced, we just could not leave it off the list. Additionally, it has the capacity to connect with both GPS and GLONASS, which ensures that you will never experience a drop in signal strength.
It creates an exact map of your journeys and includes details such as the distance traveled, the pace at which you travel, and the number of calories burned. It is resistant to dust and water, and both of these elements have a very long battery life. In addition to all of these qualities, the product is just 32 grams in weight!
7) Garmin Vivosport Activity Tracker: Garmin Vivosport
Surprise, surprise! Another product from Garmin is included here. People who have smaller wrists or who just want to wear something tiny on their wrists, such as while kayaking, are ideal candidates for the Vivosport Activity Tracker since it is a tracker that is both compact and lightweight and promotes the concept of comfortability.
It’s crazy how well this tiny demon can be tracked through GPS! Along with all of those characteristics, it also has a color display that is easy to see, so it is highly dependable.
It has a water resistance rating of up to 50 meters and a battery life of 8 hours when using the GPS function. It even allows you to swim while you’re wearing it.
The Vivosport Activity Tracker contains a LiveTrack capability that can also map your route and gives you basic capabilities such as monitoring distance, speed, and time, among other things. This functionality is included with the device.