Today, Polar made the announcement that it will be improving its heart rate training software with features called Smart Coaching. Until recently, the only way to acquire these was through in-app purchases.
With the Polar Beat app installed on your smartphone, you can transform your device into a fitness tracker that provides data on your real-time heart rate as well as training recommendations. When the app is paired with a Polar heart rate sensor, such as the Polar OH1 or the Polar H10, there are now some extra features that can be used.
The following are some of the new features that are included with Smart Coaching:
- The fitness test will take five minutes and will provide you with an estimate of your current level of fitness.
- The EnergyPointer is a tool that provides direction on how to attain your goals more quickly by illuminating the primary benefits of exercise;
- Benefit Target allows you to set goals and receive real-time voice advice to help you achieve those goals.
- The Running Index is a simple indicator that illustrates how your running performance and efficiency will change over time. It is straightforward to grasp.
- The update started to be distributed the week before last, and it is anticipated that it will complete its distribution in the coming days. You can download the app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Additionally, Polar has announced today that its OH1 armband and H10 chest strap will both be available in a selection of new color variations. This comprises the melange of grey, orange, and turquoise colors.