One of the most impressive smartwatches now available on the market is the Fitbit Ionic. It works with mobile devices running Android as well as those running iOS. The Fitbit Ionic is distinguished from the other products that compete with it in this category by virtue of the many characteristics that it has.
Even though it is a fantastic piece of technology, there are a few drawbacks to using it.
The Fitbit Ionic has a problem where it won’t switch on even after it has been completely charged for many hours. As a result of this, the following paragraphs will discuss some of the potential causes of this issue as well as several solutions to the problem.
What Causes My Fitbit Ionic to Refuse to Activate?
The following is a list of possible reasons why your Fitbit Ionic won’t turn on:
- To begin with, there’s a chance that the battery is dead. Because the Fitbit Ionic does not have a removable battery, if the battery does run out of juice, you will need to have it repaired when you send it back.
- The second possible explanation is that your Fitbit Ionic has been separated from its charger for an excessively extended period of time. It is possible that your Fitbit Ionic will turn off if it has been disconnected from its charger for an extended period of time or if it has not been used.
- The third possible explanation is that the Fitbit app on your smartphone or tablet may not have been successfully installed. You might try reinstalling the application, or you could restart your mobile device (phone or tablet).
- There have been reports of individuals experiencing issues with their Fitbit Ionic not turning on because the device was worn improperly or because it was worn with too much tension.
- If you wear your Fitbit too tightly, it will cause the battery to run out of juice more rapidly, and you won’t be able to utilize its functionalities, such as monitoring your heart rate or tracking your whereabouts via GPS.
Fix Your Fitbit Ionic with These 5 Steps: Not Going to Turn On
You will need to restart your Fitbit Ionic.
If your Fitbit won’t switch on, the first thing you’ll need to do is restart it. You can find instructions on how to do this below. Ionic will eliminate all of the faults and issues that are stopping your watch from turning on after you have completed the restart process.
To restart your Fitbit Ionic, press and hold the Back button while simultaneously pressing the bottom right button. Continue holding both buttons until the Fitbit logo appears on the display.
Charge your Fitbit Ionic in the correct manner.
If restarting your Fitbit does not resolve the issue, you may also try charging the device to see if it helps. It’s possible that the battery in your Fitbit is entirely dead.
Do not worry if the charging sign does not appear on the display of your smartphone while it is charging; instead, let your device charge for at least an hour or two. On the other hand, if it is unable to charge your smartphone, then there may be a problem with the charger.
Considering that the quality of the charger has been criticized by a number of Fitbit customers, it is my recommendation that you get a new one. But before you go and buy a new charger, make sure that you clean the ports on the charging cable as well as the ports on the Ionic itself, and then give charging it another go.
Examine the config settings.
In light of the fact that it is very improbable that an automated update on your Ionic would have altered the settings (such as the display brightness and the sleep mode), you should verify your Fitbit settings inside the Fitbit apps before taking any extreme actions.
Mainly, adjustments to the display’s brightness as well as the settings for the watch’s sleep mode are what prevent the display from going on.
Resetting to Default
If the issue you’re having with your Fitbit Ionic hasn’t been fixed yet, there is only one more choice left for you to make. It will return your watch to its factory settings. But keep in mind that doing so would delete all of the data that was previously stored in it.
Follow these steps to reset your Fitbit Ionic to factory settings:
- To get the Fitbit logo to display on your Fitbit Ionic, press and hold all three buttons at the same time.
- After that, you may let go of the button on the right bottom. However, maintain your grip on the remaining buttons.
- Then, when the gadget begins to vibrate, you may let go of the other buttons.
- You will be able to use the device once again when it has completed deleting all of the data and is ready to be used. And here’s hoping the functionality that wakes the screen up will also be functional.
Get in touch with the Fitbit Customer Support team.
If none of the solutions described above are successful for you, then it’s possible that you broke your display inadvertently. You will need to get in touch with the Fitbit support staff rather than use any kind of hack to solve your issue. In this kind of situation, it is in your best interest to get in touch with them and find a solution to your issue.
Frequently Asked Questions: My Fitbit Ionic Won’t Turn On
Why Won’t My Fitbit Ionic Turn On After I’ve Been Swimming?
There are a few potential causes to consider if you have a Fitbit Ionic and you find that it will not switch on after you have been swimming with it.
To begin with, if the watch is not operating properly because the wearer went swimming, then the gadget may have been harmed by the water. Before it can be switched on, it must first be ensured that all of the moisture has been removed. If you don’t dry the watch, you’ll find that it becomes waterlogged and eventually stops working.
In the event that this is not the situation, there may be a problem with the battery in your watch.
Why Doesn’t My Fitbit Ionic Turn Back On After Being Shut Down?
After powering down, there are a few things that might be preventing the Fitbit ionic from turning back on.
The first thing that has to be looked at is whether or not the battery has been completely discharged. If this is the case, you should let the gadget charge for at least an hour before attempting to switch it back on.
If that doesn’t work, instead of using the charging cord that comes with the device, try inserting the Fitbit ionic into a computer or laptop and seeing if it will charge that way. If it does, then you know that this method works.
The device still won’t turn on after being turned off. You may try to reset the device by pressing and holding the side button for about ten seconds while also touching the screen.
In the event that these troubleshooting techniques are ineffective, customer support is available to provide additional help.
After Performing a Factory Reset, Why Won’t My Fitbit Ionic Turn On?
After doing a factory reset on your Fitbit ionic, if the gadget still won’t switch on, there are several troubleshooting procedures that you may use to get it operating properly again.
What you can do is as follows:
You should attempt to charge the battery for a minimum of an hour or two. After that, you should push the button to check whether it will turn on once again. If it doesn’t solve the issue, you may try connecting the charger to the computer as well as the USB port on the computer at the same time to see if that works.
Unless you have ensured that your Fitbit Ionic has been updated to the most recent version, which is accessible here.
After the battery died, the Fitbit Ionic would not turn on. Why was this?
There are a few procedures that you need to do in order to get your Fitbit ionic running again if the battery in it has died and it will not turn on. You need to make sure that your Ionic is charged for at least a few more hours. Additionally, make sure that both the charger and the port that you are using are clean. This is because dust may build, which can lead to charging issues.