If you are from the old Pokémon school, you will know that evolving into Eevee could result in different Pokémon. If we gave him a Fire Stone, it became Flareon; if you gave him a Thunder Stone it became Jolteon; finally, if you gave him a Water Stone, it evolved to Vaporeon. It was a difficult decision, since you only got one Eevee in the whole game , and when choosing an evolution, you were forced to change it with a friend to get the remaining two.
It is true that later they were adding more, depending on the love that Eevee had for you, that you evolved it in the morning or at night … there were thousands of variables, and it turns out that Pokémon GO has hidden an easter egg in this Pokémon. As you know, in the famous game the Pokémon evolve. Eevee’s case is particular: evolution is completely random, or at least that is what was believed .
How to choose the evolution of Eevee in Pokémon GO
It turns out that a Reddit user has managed to find the surprise that Niantic had hidden from us. If we want Eevee to evolve into one Pokémon or another, all we have to choose is the name we are going to give it (and have the 25 candies needed to evolve it). The good thing is that in Pokémon GO they appear from time to time, so it will be possible to have all three without any problem.
These are the names that you should give Eevee so as not to leave its evolution to chance :
- Sparky will give us a Jolteon.
- Rainer will give us a Vaporeon.
- Pyro will give us a Flareon.
- Sakura will give us a Espeon.
- Tamao will give us a Umbreon.
- Linnea will give us a Leafeon.
- Rea will give us a Glaceon.
Once the name is chosen, we will restart Pokémon GO, then we will give the 25 candies to Eevee necessary to evolve , and we will have the Pokémon we wanted. Anyway, there is a second method in case we want to evolve to Espeon and Umbreon , which we explain below, and the same goes for Leafeon and Glaceon.
How to evolve to Espeon or Umbreon without the trick
There is another method to evolve an Eevee to Espeon or Umbreon , and it is to walk. The process is the following:
- Select as a partner the Eevee that we want to evolve.
- Walk 10 kilometers with him.
- Get the 25 candies.
- If we evolve the Pokémon during the day, Eevee will evolve in Espeon, while if we do it at night, Eevee will evolve to Umbreon.
However, it should be noted that, while doing all the steps well, it does not assure us that we are going to get Espeon or Umbreon , and it may be the case that, instead of them, one of Eevee’s other evolutions comes out. Anyway, the normal thing is that it works the first time.
How to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon with Bait Modules
With the arrival of the new Sinnoh Pokémon , Niantic has made three new Bait Modules available to players, including the Glacier and the Mossy. These two Modules will allow us to activate the evolution of Eevee to Glaceon and Leafeon, respectively .
To do this, we will need the 25 candies of rigor, and then, we will only have to go to a Poképarada and turn the photodisk .
Eevee evolutions: what is the best evolution?
It is difficult to determine which is the best evolution of Eevee , because they are all great Pokémon. So, the decision is to see what kind of Pokémon we need at that time. Jolteon is electric, Vaporeon is water, Flareon is fire, Umbreon is sinister, Espeon is psychic, Leafeon is plant, and Glaceon is ice. All of them are very good within their respective type.
The good thing is that we can get all the evolutions, so the decision is made a little simpler, and it’s just a matter of work to get all the necessary Eevee, and then evolve them.
Why can’t I evolve Eevee to the Pokémon I want?
There are several reasons why methods to evolve into Eevee do not work:
- The name is not well written : it is important to write the name to the letter, respecting the initial capital letter and spelling it the same.
- We have already done the process once : the name method only works the first time. That is, we can only get a Jolteon, a Vaporeon, a Flareon, a Espeon and a Umbreon with this method.
- We have not walked the 10 km : evolve to Espeon or Umbreon by the second method, it will only work if we have walked the necessary 10 kilometers.
- We have already achieved a Espeon or Umbreon with the second method : getting Espeon or Umbreon with the walking method is only insured once. The next times we try, we will not be assured of the evolutions.
- We have achieved the evolution, but not the desired one : as we mentioned above, the 10-kilometer method does not assure us that we will get to Espeon or Umbreon (although it is normal that yes). Any of the other evolutions can come out.
When can we evolve Eevee to Sylveon?
We will still have to wait a bit to get Sylveon’s evolution in Pokémon GO, the only one of Eevee that is missing . This is a sixth generation Pokémon, so considering that we are still enjoying the fourth, which came to the game in October 2018 , it seems that at least until 2020 we will not see it.
Have these methods worked for you to get Eevee evolutions? What is that you like?