Is it possible to eat healthy at the office? The intensive hours and the accumulation of work make more and more people choose to eat at work. In addition to reducing time and saving money, we can eat healthier than going to a daily menu every day.
Even so, there are still many people who, due to lack of time, choose to eat anything in front of the computer or for fast food. If you are one of them and you want to change your eating habits to have a healthy and balanced diet, keep reading our post!
Tips for healthy eating at the office
- Bring prepared food from home. One of the tricks to eat healthy at the office is not to go to the ready meals or to the custom-made food that is sold in supermarkets or specialized stores. You never know exactly what ingredients have been used or what culinary technique has been used.
- The organization is one of the key points to lead a balanced diet. Plan all the weekly menus on Sunday, and set aside Monday to shop and cook whatever is necessary. If you cook ahead of time, you can freeze most tuppers. With this trick you will not need to be aware of the next day’s food every night.
- If you feel hungry in the middle of the afternoon, it is best to opt for fruit snacks . A good idea in summer is to buy half a watermelon or melon, cut it and distribute it in 5 tuppers for a snack. Another option is to make a fruit smoothie and store it in multiple containers. Although the fruit is very good, we should not abuse it. We must avoid eating more than 2-3 pieces a day.
- A good option to avoid having to prepare food in several containers is to include all the food groups on the same plate. The complete salads include protein and carbohydrates are your best allies.
- In summer, it is best to cook a large amount of cream of vegetables or fresh gazpacho and divide it into portions.
Do you want to expand your knowledge about nutrition and dietetics? Discover our Health and Nutrition section.