A smartphone’s IMEI, or International Mobile Equipment Identity number, is a unique number. The objective of assigning a unique IMEI is to allow GSM networks to identify devices and grant access to those that are in good working order. Similarly, it aids law enforcement authorities in locating stolen phones and apprehending the perpetrators.
Changing IMEI numbers is now illegal in many countries, but it is permitted in a few exceptional circumstances. I’ll cover a variety of IMEI-related subjects in this guide, including Can IMEI Number, Be Changed? How do you go about doing it? What are the benefits and drawbacks of doing so? And there’s more. Let’s get this party started.
What is the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number?
It’s critical to learn IMEI fundamentals if you want to be a good IMEI expert. The International Mobile Equipment Identity, or IMEI, is a unique number provided by the smartphone manufacturer to each smartphone.
This one-of-a-kind number contains vital information that aids the GSM in invalidating the devices. The IMEI number is made up of several elements, including information about the device’s origin, model, and serial number. It’s also worth noting that each IMEI is unique, and if two smartphones have the same IMEI, one of them is likely a fake.
Is it possible to change the IMEI number on an iPhone or an Android smartphone like a Samsung?
The IMEI number is deeply embedded in the smartphone system. It can only be altered by rooting the device and then changing the IMEI data. iPhone and Android devices such as Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, Xiaomi, and others can have their IMEI numbers changed. Still, the method is different for IOS and Android.
It’s also worth mentioning that changing IMEI numbers are banned in many countries, and several countries have harsh penalties for doing so. So, before you start, double-check your country’s telecom policy, and only do it if it’s legal in your country.
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Changing Your IMEI Number?
Changing your IMEI number is a time-consuming and complicated operation, so you should be aware of the benefits and drawbacks before proceeding. This section will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of changing your IMEI number.
The Benefits of Changing Your IMEI Number
The Benefits of Changing Your IMEI Number are as follows:
- When you acquire a smartphone, the seller often notes the device’s IMEI, which is connected to your phone number and can be used to track you. They won’t be able to track you if you change your IMEI number, as long as you also change your phone number.
- Suppose your Network Provider has blocked your device from utilizing the network for some reason. In that case, you will be able to use the new IMEI Number to reconnect to the network.
- You may be able to acquire new updates with the new IMEI if you have an earlier version of the software. Still, if your device is ancient, you may encounter performance issues.
The Drawbacks of Changing Your IMEI
The following are the drawbacks of changing your IMEI:
- If you change your device’s IMEI, the warranty will be worthless. You will be unable to claim a warranty from your smartphone manufacturer.
- Changing your IMEI is a complicated operation. If you don’t do it correctly, you risk ruining your devices and, in the worst-case scenario, infecting your phone with malware or viruses.
- In addition, if you don’t follow the steps correctly and your new IMEI doesn’t function, your smartphone won’t be able to use GSM.
- It’s a crime in many nations, and if caught by any law enforcement body, you could face prison time.
- The IMEI number also verifies that you are the rightful owner of the smartphone; if you change it, you will be unable to verify that you are the rightful owner of the device, and things may go wrong.
On Android, how do you look up the IMEI number?
Dialing the *#6# code from your smartphone is one of the most straightforward ways to check your device’s IMEI number. The IMEI code will be displayed on the screen when you execute it.
How can you find out what your iPhone’s IMEI is?
There are two ways to check the IMEI number on an iPhone: Sim Tray and Settings.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app. You’ll discover the IMEI number written on the Sim Tray of your iPhone if you remove it. In the same way, it can be found in the settings.
- Now go to the General Section and select the About option.
- Scroll down to the IMEI Number in the About section.
- That is all there is to it.
How can I change the IMEI number on my Android phone?
On Android, changing the IMEI number is a lengthy process that necessitates the use of an app called “Xpose,” which is not available on the Google Play Store. You’ll have to download it from the internet instead. Follow these instructions to alter the IMEI number after you’ve installed the Xpose App on your smartphone.
Using the *#6# Code, you can find out your Android phone’s IMEI number.
Now navigate to the IMEI Changer Pro Module in the Xpose App.
Restart your smartphone and open the IMEI Changer as the next step.
Your current IMEI number, as well as your new IMEI, are displayed below. A Random IMEI number can also be requested.
After you’ve made your decision, select “Apply,” and you’re done.
Your device’s IMEI number will be altered, and the *#6# Code will confirm it.
How Can I Change My iPhone’s IMEI Number?
You’ll need a ” ZiPhone ” program to alter your iPhone’s IMEI number. You can use it to change your iPhone’s IMEI number, and it’s a valuable and practical piece of software. You will also need to jailbreak your iPhone in order to utilize this approach, which you can learn how to do on the internet.
The IMEI number of an iPhone can be changed in several ways.
- ZiPhone can be downloaded via the internet.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and navigate to the ZiPhone folder. Now go to your iPhone and press and hold the Wake and Power buttons simultaneously until the Apple Logo displays on the screen.
- Open Command Prompt and type ZiPhone in the following step.
- Press enter after typing “ZiPhone -u -I a new IMEI Number.”
- Wait a few minutes for your device’s IMEI number to be changed.
Is it possible to change the IMEI number permanently?
Yes, if you use the procedures outlined above, you can permanently change the IMEI numbers.
Is it possible to trace a phone if the IMEI is changed?
No one will be able to track you if you alter your device’s IMEI number along with your phone number. Someone who has information about your new phone number, on the other hand, can use it to track you down.
Is it possible for thieves to alter my IMEI number?
Yes, if thieves gain access to your smartphone, they can change the IMEI number, which is why changing the IMEI number is unlawful.
That’s all there is to it, guys. This guide taught you how to update the IMEI number on your iPhone and Android smartphone. I’ve also included the benefits and drawbacks of changing your IMEI, which will assist you in making your decision. Finally, I would strongly advise you always to download software from reputable websites, as many websites publish harmful versions of apps in order to infect users.