They are few, but we love them madly. Friends are our allies in the journey of life and sometimes, even though we may have them far away, we still feel them very close. These special phrases are for all of them...
We all have those special people who give greater meaning, momentum and transcendence to our lives. They are shining figures that spread happiness and turn off sadness, that never judge us and with whom conversations last until dawn. The following short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate will be a good gift for them, for everything they do for us.
A friend is medicine for that social and emotional brain that we all have. It is true that sometimes some fail us or disappear from the journey of our lives because interests change. However, far from seeing it as something traumatic, it is good to understand that in the end more special people always arrive who make us grow and are pure breath of happiness.
Healers of sorrows, allies of the heart, rescuers of problems, confidants of dreams, nourishers of the mind and caressers of souls... True friends are always few, it's true, but we don't need more either. With them, growing up, maturing , advancing through the days, years and decades is a pleasure .
And although sometimes we have them far away, we can feel close. These phrases are for them...
Short and beautiful friendship quotes to dedicate
It is often said that the best friendships germinate in the childhood years . Few things were as decisive in those days as having people who, enrolled in the same vital and social moment as us, accompanied us in every discovery, fear, mischief and need. Now, as we grow and mature, the need to have these emotional alliances is essential.
Because, sometimes, friendship gives us aspects that family does not offer us. Even more, a friend is a support and an impulse that sometimes gives us a complicity that goes beyond a relationship . Having them close is well-being and happiness. Let's meet some short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate that you will surely love.
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! Equally? I thought he was the only one.” (CS Lewis)
It has happened to all of us at some point. At some point, fate brings us someone who sees, feels and understands the world just like we do . He is that person we meet in class, at work or casually with whom we share the same passion or who has the same quirks.
2. "Friends are the family you choose." (Jess C Scott)
We say it many times. Our friendships are those emotionally significant figures that we freely choose . They are not blood family, they are soul family. Few things are more empowering than those fabulous choices.
3. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” (DavidTyson)
Let's admit it, few situations are as uncomfortable as silence in the middle of a conversation or shared situation with someone. However, when the friendship is authentic, those moments do not bother us, on the contrary, we allow ourselves to remain silent without having to say the first thing that comes to mind.
4. "My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." (Henry Ford)
The famous American businessman gave us a very accurate reflection on friendship. As long as a person is able to bring out your virtues, gifts and goodness and not awaken your darkness, he is someone special. Someone who deserves to be part of your life.
5. "Understanding and being understood are the most beautiful things in friendship." (Seneca)
If there is something most of us aspire to, it is to be understood in every aspect , in every singularity, depth and detail. Knowing that there is someone who knows how to decipher us in seconds offers us great well-being.
6. "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness." (Euripides)
Few things are more enlightening than seeing how our friends respond in difficult times. Being in moments of calm and happiness is easy, counting on them in moments when things go wrong is not so easy.
7. "Constant use does not mar the fabric of friendship." (Dorothy Parker)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this is one of the most special. The exceptional writer Dorothy Parker reminds us that friendship is that muscle and that dimension of extraordinary strength that does not wear out with use.
8. "Ultimately, the bond of all friendship is conversation." (Oscar Wilde)
Talk until dawn, share endless gatherings over a coffee for hours and hours... Is there anything more pleasant? Not at all, this phrase by Oscar Wilde reminds us how important it is for well-being to be able to talk to our best friends.
9. "A true friend never stands in your way unless you're falling." (Arnold H.Glasgow)
A friend does not put stones in your way, does not interfere in your decisions or alter what is significant to you. Authentic friendship is like a feather that caresses you on a daily basis and also that powerful hand that reaches out to you when you are in danger
10. “Be slow to make friends; but when you already have it, continue firm and constant”. (Socrates)
Socrates reminds us of something that not everyone takes into account. A friend takes care of himself on a day-to-day basis, he is not someone you find and whose friendship you win at a given moment. Every relationship must continue to work constantly.
11. “It is the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense and have your nonsense respected.” (Charles Lamb)
No matter what idea comes to mind, your friends will accept them all with respect and affection.
12. "Friendship is the only cement that will unite the world." (Woodrow T. Wilson)
On days of calm, tides and wind, friendship grabs us, gives us anchors, holds us and hugs us. Good friends are the glue that binds us to life.
13. “Friends are those few people who ask how we are doing and then wait to hear the answer.” (Ed Cunningham)
If you have friends who do not pay attention to you and with whom you feel that only what they say, think or think matters, run away. Authentic friendship listens to you and is interested in you.
14. "It's the friends you can call at 4am that matter." (Marlene Dietrich)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this one from the great actress Marlene Dietrich is one of the most special. For a friend there are no schedules, they are there for you when you need them.
15. "Life is largely what we do with the friends we choose." (Tennessee-Williams)
The moments shared with our friends are unrepeatable chapters, moments that trace with indelible ink the best of our lives.
16. "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." (Abraham Lincoln)
This strategy of President Lincoln is as original as it is useful: if you can turn an enemy into an ally, you can count on an indestructible friendship.
17. "The best time to make friends is before you need them." (Ethel Barrymore)
There are people who only understand instrumental friendship, that is, one with which to achieve an end. Run away from someone who only looks for you to get something.
18. "A friend is one who knows you and loves you anyway." (Elbert Hubbard)
The true friend accepts your lights and your shadows, your virtues and limitations. Acceptance is the basis of friendship.
19. "I'd rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light." (Helen Keller)
Helen Keller, writer, activist and speaker (deaf and blind) offers us one of the short and beautiful phrases of friendship to dedicate more special. Nothing is as special as being able to count on a friend in difficult times.
20. "Friends are relatives you make for yourself." (Eustache Deschamps)
When you create and consolidate a good friendship, you have just gained a family member for life.
21. "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity." (Khalil Gibran)
A friendship is not a resource from which to profit. Neither is a figure forced to give you benefits or opportunities. A friend is a hand on the road to enjoy and to care for.
22. "A friend to everyone is a friend to no one." (Aristotle)
Lo solemos decir en múltiples ocasiones: desconfía de quien crea alianzas con todo el mundo, de quien se lleva bien con cualquier persona y de esas figuras que lejos de aplicar filtros, tienen amigos en cada lado.
23. “A snowball to the face is surely the perfect start to a lasting friendship.” (Mark Zusak)
The best friendships arise in the most surreal, curious and unexpected moments. Has it ever happened to you?
24. "Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty." (Sicilian proverb)
Trust those friends who do not hesitate to tell you the truth, even if it is uncomfortable. They will always look for the best for you.
25. "Friends should be like books, few, but handpicked." (C. J. Langenhoven)
Best friends fit on the fingers of one hand and are also real lights in the dark that you choose intelligently.
26. "Friendship is a tremendously underrated medicine." (Anna Deavere-Smith)
Science supports it, friendship at any age relieves stress, offers us calm and well-being and is capable of reducing the incidence of multiple diseases.
27. "Where there are friends, there is wealth." (Titus Maccius Plautus)
There is no better treasure than that friend who is much more than your other half; an imperishable alliance that life has given you and that makes you truly rich.
28. "Be slow to choose a friend and slower to change." (Benjamin Franklin)
Benjamin Franklin gives us some very appropriate advice for these liquid times, as Zygmunt Bauman would say. Friendship is taken care of on a day-to-day basis, it is not something that one can renew and recycle like someone who changes their mobile every so often.
29. "There is nothing on this earth more appreciated than true friendship." (Thomas Aquinas)
The friar, theologian and philosopher Thomas Aquinas gives us an unparalleled piece of advice: nothing is as valuable in this world as good friends.
30. "Things stop being scary when you have a best friend." (Bill Watterson)
We know that there are many things that worry us, that life is full of fears and fears. Now, with a friend nearby we have the best possible balm to deal with anything.
31. "The only way to have a friend is to be one." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
There are many who demand what a friendship should be like. However, they forget to apply to themselves what they demand of others.
32. "Friendship is a soul that dwells in two bodies, a heart that dwells in two souls." (Aristotle)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful. Friendship is freely opening your heart to someone special and letting them dwell there until the end of days.
33. "Don't spend time with someone who isn't willing to spend it with you." (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
Who more and who less has gone through this type of experience. Sometimes, we notice how certain friends stop being, how they begin to make excuses and only move for interests. When we perceive this, there is only one option left: look for better friends.
34. "A friend is one who gives you the freedom to be yourself." (Jim Morrison)
Few things are more enriching than having close people with whom to be ourselves. Take good care of that friend who gives you freedom and allows you to be better.
35. “You will never know who your friends are until you fall from grace.” (Napoleon)
Napoléon presents us with that eternal reality: true friends emerge in difficult moments.
36. "Our friendship does not know space and time." (Richard Bach)
Authentic friendships are maintained despite distances and time. Most of us have that friend that we haven't seen in person for months and that we still carry in our hearts.
37. "A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey inside." (Winnie-the-Pooh)
Winnie the Pooh is that classic figure from the children's universe that can teach us the most about the magic of friendship. Its creator, Alan Alexander Milne, left us a phrase that is as funny as it is unforgettable: to spend a day without our friends is to lose the sweet side of life.
38. "Friendship is the purest love." (osho)
Osho , the Indian spiritual leader, also offers us one of the short and beautiful phrases of friendship to dedicate more special. Friendship is a form of love that we should all have.
39. "Friendship is like a glass ornament, something beautiful that cannot be broken." (Charles Kingley)
Let's remember, friendship is like that beautiful and delicate figure that deserves to be attended and cared for on a daily basis . Let's not break it.
40. "A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." (Demetrius of Falero)
There are friendships that are almost like blood alliances, people who suddenly become real brothers .
41. “Joy shared with a friend is a double joy; shared sorrow is half the sorrow.” (Swedish proverb)
Triumphs, losses, disappointments, happiness… On the treadmill of our emotions throughout life's journey, good friends are our best companions.
42. "A loyal friend is worth more than ten thousand relatives." (Euripides)
Not everyone has quality family relationships, therefore, the alliance of friendship is healing in these circumstances.
43. "Of all the things that wisdom provides to make us happy, the greatest is the possession of friendship." (Epicurus)
Wisdom is also knowing how to find, care for and value a good friend. Once we achieve it, we will discover that this and no other is the secret of happiness according to Epicurus.
44. “There are no rules for friendship. Let it flow, without forcing… Just like love”. (William Hazlett)
Throughout these short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, we realize one aspect. Friendship and love often go hand in hand. Because in reality, few forms of love are more beautiful and enriching.
So let friendship arise on its own, let the magic of coincidences unite us with special people.
45. "Friendship is a slow-growing plant that resists the blows of adversity." (George Washington)
True friendships resist time, inclement weather and the adversities of destiny.
46. "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love." (Elie Weisel)
There are loves that come and go, but sometimes a friendship leaves deeper caresses in the soul.
47. “Friendship, my definition is based on two things. Respect and trust." (Steg Larsson)
The journalist and well-known author of the Millennium trilogy gave us one of the most accurate phrases about the meaning of friendship: respect and trust.
48. "Friendship is a word, whose single printed image warms the heart." (Augustine Birrell)
Few things give greater harmony, vitality and affection to our hearts than those stainless friendships that are always there, that do not miss anything and know us as well as ourselves.
49. "In the sweetness of friendship there is laughter." (Khalil Gibran)
Friends are made of good times, laughter, complicity, hugs that heal sorrows and moments of absolute sweetness.
50. "Women's friendships are like a source of renewable energy." (Jane Fonda)
The actress Jane Fonda left us one of the most authentic phrases, one of those that would even serve as a wonderful slogan. Few things are as important to women as good friendships.
51. "Friendship is the wine of life." (EdwardYoung)
Friendship is the wine of life because it knows how to mature over time, because it is the essence of the most stimulating thing that life offers us.
52. "If you can survive 11 days in a confined space with a friend and come out laughing about it, your friendship is the real thing." (Oprah Winfrey)
The presenter Oprah Winfrey gives us once again, one of her wise and original reasoning. No matter the time shared or the place, when friendship is authentic, the hours fly by.
53. "Friendship consists in forgetting what is given and remembering what is received." (Alexander Dumas)
Alexandre Dumas also offered us a legacy of the value of friendship in his novel The 3 Musketeers . With this phrase, he also reminds us of the importance of reciprocity.
54. “Anything is possible when you have the right people to support you.” (Misty Copeland)
If you have at least one person you feel you can trust and lean on, you have it all.
55. "Some people go to the priests, others to poetry, I to my friends." (Virginia Woolf)
The unforgettable writer Virgina Woolf reminds us that each person finds refuge and comfort where they wish, but what could be better than a friend?
56. "I certainly deserved my enemies, but I don't think I deserved my friends." (Walt Whitman)
Walt Whitman laments that he doesn't deserve his friends. It is nothing more than a way of praising the most beautiful present available to the affection of those who admire and appreciate it.
57. "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." (Linda Grayson)
The two things are not incompatible. Sharing a cup of chocolate and a good conversation with a friend is a great pleasure.
58. "There's nothing like throwing up with someone to become old friends." (Sylva Plath)
The poet Sylvia Plath making us think as always with her original reasoning. There is nothing like sharing moments of intimacy to discover true friendship.
59. “I never had more friends than I did when I was 12 years old.” (Stephen King)
If we want to read a book where we can enjoy the value and transcendence of friendship, Stand by me by Stephen King is a reference.
60. "A friend is an emotional bond, just as friendship is a human experience." (Simon Synek)
Among the short and beautiful phrases of friendship to dedicate, this one from the writer and business development expert Simon Sinek is one of the most interesting. Friendship, emotions and experience are connected arteries.
61. "Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul." (Steve Maraboli)
How many times have we said that friends are medicine for the soul? This is undoubtedly a great truth.
62. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have in this life. (Dean Kontz)
Dean Koontz has given us fabulous horror books and unforgettable arguments like this one. Let's follow his advice, never let go of a friend.
63. "Friendship is my refuge." (Emily Dickinson)
Few literary lives are as compelling as Emily Dickinson's. In the solitude of her voluntary confinement, her letters to her friends were her refuge.
64. "Remember that the most valuable antiques are old friends." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)
Nothing is as gratifying as having those old friends, lifelong friendships to whom we can now place the label of "old".
65. "There is nothing I would not do for those who are truly my friends." (Jane Austen)
In Jane Austen's novels, not only love was always the eternal protagonist. Friendship was also that essential component in much of her work.
66. "With a little help from my friends I always get by." (The Beatles)
Who doesn't remember that classic Beatles song With A Little Help From My Friends ?
67. "No road is long with good company." (Turkish proverb)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this is one of the most classic. No matter how hard life is or how long a journey, with a friend by your side everything is more bearable.
68. "Without a best friend the world is less kind." (Sarah Desen)
Best friends are like headlights on stormy nights, they guide us, illuminate us and save us.
69. "My best friend is the person who, wishing me the best, wishes it for me." (Aristotle)
Aristotle makes us think with this phrase. Every good friend will always wish us the best and he will do it even when we doubt ourselves . They are those figures capable of getting into our skin to pull us and make us achieve the best of this world.
70. "True friendship offers us true knowledge." (Henry David Thoreau)
When a friend is a real friend, everything she offers us is sincere and meaningful. There is no better knowledge than the one that starts from authenticity.
71. "Hold a true friend with both hands." (Nigerian proverb)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this is one of the most beautiful. When a friend needs us, we must deploy all our resources and motivations to help him.
72. "True friendship resists time, distance and silence." (Isabel Allende)
The great Isabel Allende reminds us of one of the most beautiful laws of true friendship. Let's keep them in mind.
73. "Your friend is the person who knows everything about you, and loves you anyway." (Elbert Hubbard)
Let's face it, there are times when we don't even love ourselves. Because we all have our bad days, flaws and clumsiness. But good friends adore us despite those shades of grey.
74. "Friendship doubles the joys and divides the anguish in half." (Francis Bacon)
Francis Bacon gives us one of the most beautiful arguments about friendship. Remember, not everyone manages to intensify the joys and divide the sorrows. Only they do: the great friends.
75. “Friendship can only take place through the development of mutual respect.” (Dalai Lama)
Once again, the Dalai Lama offers us advice of stainless wisdom : friendship is and must always be, respect.
76. "The best mirror is an old friend." (George Herbert)
There are friends who are like our halves, people who know everything about us and who see us, understand us and decipher us with the same clarity as a mirror,
77. "If you plant a seed of friendship, you will reap a bouquet of happiness." (Lois L. Kaufman)
And you… how many seeds of friendship have you already planted? Do not give up, some may have failed you and did not flourish as you expected. But there are really beautiful seeds that will never disappoint you.
78. "Change your pleasures, but don't change your friends." (Voltaire)
You can change your hairstyle, city and hobbies. But don't do it, if the friendship is good, don't change it for anything.
79. "As long as you have at least one friend, no one is useless." (Robert Louis Stevenson)
Every person who knows how to care, appreciate and enjoy a friendship is someone special.
80. “When a friend asks us for something, the word “tomorrow” should not exist”. (George Herbert)
Among the short and beautiful friendship phrases to dedicate, this one could not be missing. Let's be swift, let's be responsible and worthy of the people who consider us their friends. If they need help, let's act here and now.
81. "All my assets are my friends." (Emily Dickinson)
If you have good friends, you are a millionaire. There is no more beautiful and abundant heritage.
82. "If you need a hand, remember that I have two." (San Agustin)
Saint Augustine reminds us of the importance of knowing how to help, of giving everything we have to those we love most; especially to friends.
83. “Never give explanations; your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you." (Elbert Hubbard)
Good friends will not ask you for explanations in the face of life's vicissitudes. Whoever appreciates you, knows you and admires you already knows everything about you.
84. "True friendship is like phosphorescence, it shines better when everything has gone dark." (Rabindranath Tagore)
The Nobel Prize for Literature, Rabindranath Tagore, reminds us of the importance of the light of friendship to guide us in times of darkness.
85. “A true friend is the one who enters when the rest leaves.” (Walter Winchell)
Because it is true, it is in loneliness and in moments of misfortune that we can recognize true friends.
86. “Our closest friend is not the one to whom we show the worst of our nature, but the best of it.” (NathanielHawthorne)
Showing our vulnerability, what touches and moves us is something we do only with those we consider friends.
87. “A friend is, so to speak, a second me.” (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
Who has not felt that a good friend is almost like an extension of himself?
88. “The friend must be like blood, which then goes to the wound without waiting to be called.” (Francisco Quevedo)
Something that we always appreciate and value is the willingness of our friends to be by our side when we need them.
89. “Enjoying our joy, not suffering from our suffering, makes someone a friend.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
True friendship avoids envy and rejoices at the achievements of its friends.
90. “He was but a fox like a hundred thousand others. But I made him my friend and now he is the only one in the world." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
Our friends become the most special beings in the world for our hearts.
To conclude, among all these short and beautiful phrases of friendship to dedicate, there are authentic literary treasures that are worth giving to those special people. To those fellow travelers who make our lives better.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational and entertainment purposes only and has been developed by referring to reliable sources and recommendations from experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.
Veronica is a culture reporter at Collaborative Research Group, where she writes about food, fitness, weird stuff on the internet, and, well, just about anything else. She has also covered technology news and has a penchant for smartphone stories. .