We explain what good communication is, the factors that are needed to carry it out and what its general characteristics are.
What is good communication like?
The communication is a very important tool when we interact with others. In areas as different as the family or the workplace, good communication can be the difference between success and failure . Good communication is necessary for a healthy exchange of ideas and thoughts .
It is a dynamic process in which two or more people exchange messages , and in many cases the message to be transmitted is as important as the way we choose to do it. In addition, the communication can be oral or written but in any case it must follow some guidelines to be of quality.
Good communication must have a basic structure that makes it easier for listeners to understand . Topics should be dealt with in an orderly manner, relating ideas when necessary but avoiding thematic jumps that may hinder global understanding.
Characteristics of good communication :
It is very important that when you try to communicate something, it is done clearly, that is, that the person who receives the message can easily grasp it . That the ideas are understood without requiring a great effort of interpretation on the part of the interlocutor.
Knowing the length that must be devoted to explaining a specific topic can be the most important point of a communication. Include enough information to highlight all the key points , but it should not be so much that you tire or lose other people’s attention.
Good communication must have a basic structure that makes it easier for listeners to understand. Topics should be dealt with in an orderly manner , relating ideas when necessary but avoiding thematic jumps that may hinder global understanding.
It may interest you: Oral presentation .
In many cases, the easiest way to communicate clearly and concisely is by choosing the words and expressions to use correctly. It is not necessary to demonstrate our culture , but that the interlocutor understands the ideas easily . For this, a simple vocabulary, although rigorous, may be the key.
Good communication is one in which the communicator is capable of transmitting his message in a natural way, without artifice or elaborate forms . It should not be noted that a talk has been prepared and rehearsed in advance, although many times the only way to achieve such a degree of naturalness is precisely by rehearsing repeatedly.
The number one goal of any communication is to keep the interlocutor expectant and attentive . To do this, one of the most practical and useful ways is by interacting with him. Involve him in some way, asking questions, raising various questions or letting him express his opinion.
In good communication, the form is very important, but also the content . You may have a gift for communication but absolutely everything that is said must be true and rigorous. It is not necessary to be an expert in absolutely everything, but if a communication is made on a subject, it must be known thoroughly.
It is often difficult to control, but non-verbal language can be key in conveying a message effectively . It can denote insecurity, lack of knowledge or nerves, but it can also be useful to establish a bond with the interlocutor or to show closeness to him.
A quality communication should treat the issues as a unit . You have to give a global meaning to the presentation and not talk about the different topics in isolation. You must follow a common thread and relate the concepts to each other.
Nobody likes to waste time reading a text or listening to a presentation on a topic in which they have no interest. We must know the recipients of our message and adapt it so that the information given is relevant to them.
Take your General Knowledge to the next level
- What is the respiratory system and what are its main characteristics are. Also, how it is composed and what functions.
- What is a transistor, how it is composed and what are its various functions? Know all its general characteristics.
- We explain what food is, what its functions and food groups are. In addition, its characteristics and possible problems.
- Know what is algorithm, the parts it presents and how it is classified. Also, what are its characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
- We explain what bullying is and what its main characteristics are. Also, what types of bullying exist and how it can be prevented.
- Know what are vertebrates, their origin and their characteristics. Also, how are they classified, what are invertebrates, and more.
- Know What are bacteria, how they are classified and the evolution of these organisms. In addition, its general characteristics and reproduction …
- Understand what an absolute monarchy is, what are the general characteristics of this form of government and some examples ..
- We explain How Mexico got independence and what were its causes and characters. In addition, its characteristics and stages.
- See what continents are and what their main characteristics are. Also, the origin of their names and land limits.
- Be aware of what chromosomes are, what their shape is like and the structure they present. Also, what are its features and functions.
- Be familiar with what mountains are, how they are formed and the flora and fauna they present. Also, what are its general characteristics and importance.
- Be acquainted with what the Scientific Revolution was, its characteristics and main figures. Also, what changes it produced.
- See in detail what electricity is, its history and the types that exist. Also, what are its characteristics and features.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational and educational purposes only and has been developed by referring reliable sources and recommendations from technology experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.