We explain everything about England, how is its climate and the flora and fauna of this country. Also, what are its features, economy and more.
England is one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom . The inhabitants of this country occupy 85% of the total of the United Kingdom .
England covers an area of 130,395 km 2 and is located in the southern and central part of Great Britain, an island that together with Scotland, Wales and 100 other small islands make up the United Kingdom.
The geographical limits of England are: Scotland to the north, Wales to the west, the Irish Sea to the northwest, the Celtic Sea to the southwest, the North Sea to the east and the English Channel to the south.
It is a country that has been the foundation of large and important systems that have later been copied to other countries. The legal system, the Anglican church and the English language (which is the most used worldwide) are some of the contributions of this country that have spread throughout the world.
Its name derives from the Anglo peoples , who settled in this place around the 5th and 6th centuries and in 927 established it as a unified state.In 1707 the act of union between Scotland and Wales was created to form the Kingdom of Great Britain . In 1801 Ireland was added forming the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, which was renamed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Today Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales , and the United Kingdom comprises Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Although England does not have many rivers , it does have many lakes especially in the mountainous area of the country. The rivers with the highest flow are: the River Thames, the Trent, the Ouse and the Severn.
On the other hand, the vegetation is abundant in oak, beech and elm trees .
The economy of England is based on the rich and varied fishing industry . On the other hand, the coal and iron industry have been central axes for the development of the history of this country.
In terms of agriculture, England has fertile soil for growing rye , wheat, sugar beets, barley and potatoes.
In addition, this country produces timber trees among which the Pine, Oak, Beech, Ash, Elm and Spruce stand out.
There are also some high-tech industries such as pharmaceuticals , offshore oil platforms , electronics and aerospace. Regarding its natural resources , coal, oil and natural gas stand out.
The currency used in England today is the British pound.
55% of the inhabitants of England profess the Anglican religion . Then, in number of followers, it is followed to a lesser extent by Catholicism.
Starting in the 1950s, other religions appeared (which were not prevalent in this country before) such as Hinduism , Judaism and Buddhism .
England has a current population of just over 50 million people , a figure that represents 85% of the total population of the United Kingdom.
It is one of the most inhabited countries in relation to the extension of its territory: 380 inhabitants per km 2 .
The official language is English , today considered the world language par excellence today. Mandarin Chinese and Spanish are also spoken.
The current educational system depends on the parliament and is compulsory between the ages of 5 and 16.
93% of students attend a free public education , while the remaining 7% attend a private education . Between 16 and 18 years of age, education is not compulsory, however, it is still free.
Although it has private health services, public services include ambulances, patient hospitalization, specialist doctors, opticians, coverage pharmacies and companions for the patient.
This is the only country in the world where the sick themselves can self-prescribe drugs.
Being part of the United Kingdom, England's system of government is the constitutional monarchy .
Its parliamentary model adopted the Westminster system , which takes as a form of democratic government the model of the United Kingdom. There has not been a government of England since 1707 since this country is governed by the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational and educational purposes only and has been developed by referring reliable sources and recommendations from technology experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.