1. Information We Collect
When you use our Sites, we collect different types of information from and about you. This information includes:
- Identifiers: Information that identifies you directly.
- Examples: Full name, email address, and other information you provide to set up your online account with us, social media account information, phone number, date of birth, gender, shipping .
- Commercial Information: Information about your use of our Site.
- Examples: Your interactions with a psychic, when you enter a contest, if you subscribe to a service (like our horoscopes).
- Online Activity: Some limited information about how you use the Internet.
- Examples: Browsing and/or search history related to the sites you visit before or after you visit our Sites, the type of operating system you’re using to connect, your interactions with our Sites or our advertisements, your IP address, and other data that identifies your online activity.
- Geolocation Information: We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile services. We may obtain geographic information based on your IP address.
- User-Generated Content: Information you share with us or post through our Site.
- Examples: Comments or reviews about our Sites or other content you share with us.
- Information You Give Us: If you sign up for emails, enter a contest, you typically share your personal information with us. Sometimes, you can choose not to give us information. For example, you don’t have to sign up for emails. But other times, we’ll need your information to be able to provide you with the requested assistance.
- Information Automatically Collected:
- We may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, or similar tracking technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about visitors to our Sites and interactions with our emails and online advertisements, and to allow us to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information, which enables us to improve the Site and provide you with more relevant content and advertising on our Site. You may have options to change your browser settings to choose how we can collect some of this information. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit Google’s Privacy and Terms. You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting-out. You can find more detail instructions here for how you can do that on various browsers.
- Combination of Information: We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third-party sources (including social networks that you use to connect with CRG) to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Site.
2. How We Use the Information
We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of your information and will process your data only in accordance with a lawful basis under applicable data protection laws, such as if:
- We need to process your information to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and personalization of the service using data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders; and/or
- We are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation).
- Responding to your requests or other forms;
- Fulfilling contests or sweepstakes;
- Improving our site;
- Security or fraud prevention.
We may also use identifiers, commercial information, online activity, and inferences for the following commercial purposes:
- For analytical and demographic purposes (for example to create audiences based on demographic or location based information for marketing and customization purposes); and/or
- As otherwise described to you when we collect your information;
3. How We Share Your InformationWe share the information we collect with different third parties for different purposes. In the last 12 months, CRG has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your personal information outside the scope of their services for CRG):
- Identifiers (e.g., contact information) disclosed to payment processors, customer service platforms, communication platforms, e-mail providers, data analytics providers, and cloud storage services;
In the last 12 months, CRG has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a commercial purpose (such as to provide you with or to limit advertising):
- Identifiers disclosed to advertising partners and social media platforms;
- Online Activity disclosed to advertising partners and social media platforms.
- for the purpose(s) for which you provided the information;
- with your consent;
CRG may also share aggregate or anonymous non-identifying information with third parties, including affiliated companies and non-affiliated companies, for their marketing or analytics uses.
4. Your Rights and Choices
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the Sites. If you wish to make changes to your account information, you can do so by sending an e-mail with your requests to email@example.com.
A. Rights Under European Law
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), and wish to access, amend, delete, or transfer any personal data we hold about you, you may send an e-mail with your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request within 30 days. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or fulfilling your requests.
While any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to CRG processing your personal information. You may decline to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site. In circumstances where you have provided your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent.
If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact email@example.com. If you live in the EEA, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
B. Unsubscribe Preferences
You can view or change your preferences to receive subscriptions (e.g., newsletters), promotional communications, and alerts at any time by accessing the Mail Preferences, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may choose to stop receiving such communications delivered by e-mail by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails. Even if you unsubscribe from certain emails, we may still send you messages regarding transactions you’ve made or other important non-marketing communications.
C. Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures (CCPA)
Certain parts of our Sites require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Sites or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
D. Your California Privacy Rights
Categories of Personal Information Sold
In the last 12 months, CRG has sold the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, Commercial Information, sold to data analytics providers and business partners;
- Online Activity, sold to advertising partners;
Access and Deletion RequestsAs a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information CRG has collected, disclosed, and sold about you. In particular, you may:
Request, up to two times each year, that we disclose:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the business purpose for such collection, and corresponding categories of sources from which we collected the information;
- The categories of personal information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information in the preceding 12 months, and the business or commercial purpose for such disclosure; and
- The categories of personal information and the categories of third parties to whom we sold your personal information in the preceding 12 months, and the commercial purpose for such sale.
Request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or use the mailing address in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We may request certain information to verify your identity before we can respond to your access and deletion requests.
We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. CRG will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
E. EU and UK Residents’ Rights (GDPR)
European and UK residents, as outlined in the GDPR have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about personal data we collect and how we process it
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate
- The right to request removal of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process it
Sale Opt-Out RequestsTo opt out of the sale of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt-out requests are processed within 15 business days.
Agent RequestsYou may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf, and that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California, or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. CRG retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
5. Retention of Your DataWe will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to address outstanding account balances, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. International TransfersCRG is a global site and it may process, transfer, and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States. Since we are committed to protecting your information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place when we transfer that data.
7. How We Secure Your InformationCRG is committed to handling your customer information with high standards of information security. We maintain numerous safeguards to guard your personal information.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, so we recommend being careful about the information you share on our Sites. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
8. TestimonialsWe may display personal testimonials of users on our Site in addition to ratings and other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sites may offer you the ability to interact with social plugins from social media features, such as the Facebook Like and Share buttons, and other widgets and interactive mini-programs that run on our Sites. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. As with linked sites, we have no control over the information that social network plugins collect, store, or use, and we are not responsible for the practices of such sites. In addition, we may receive certain information about you from a third party social network if you choose to link to us or use certain social media features, based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services.
To learn more about what options you have about limiting the gathering of information by third-party ad networks, you can consult the website of the Network Advertising Initiative.
You can opt out of participating in interest-based advertising networks, but opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the companies from which you opted out will no longer customize ads based on your interests and web usage patterns using cookie-based technology.
10. Children’s PrivacyProtecting children’s privacy is important to us. Our Sites are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. CRG does not knowingly collect or store personal information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 18 may use the Site. If you have concerns about our Site, or if you believe that your child under 16 has gained access to our Site, you may contact us at email@example.com.
13. AdvertisingCRG use third party advertising companies to serve ads during your visit to our site. These companies may use information (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to display advertisements related to products and services of interest to you. For more information on this practice and how to prevent companies from using this data, click here .
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
This site does not sell, rent, or disclose to outside parties the information collected here, except as follows:
(a) Affiliated Service Providers: This site has agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the site. For example, the site may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that this site uses are required to have the same level of privacy protection as this site does, and therefore your information will be handled with the same level of care. Additionally, for example, this site may use analytic or marketing services such as Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Taboola, or RevContent, to which collection you hereby unconditionally consent.
(b) Where required by law: This site may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
(c) Statistical Analysis: This site may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
(d) Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as a business asset.
How To Opt Out Of Interest-Based Advertising
Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising Services: This website is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative(NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct as described on the NAI website. This website also adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles. For a description of the DAA Program, please visit the DAA website.
Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising by Third Parties: To find out more about interest-based advertising on the internet and how to opt out of information collection for this purpose by companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, visit NAI’s opt-out page or DAA’s Consumer Choice Page.
Katheryn is a corporate attorney and finance specialist, conducting research daily to get you closer to financial security and freedom (even if you're just getting started). Her +600 articles published in Collaborative Research Group have already helped thousands of readers on the internet. .