There are many websites where you can find an infinity of audio and music files. The only this is, not all of them can let you make direct downloads. Therefore, we have brought you a guide that will show you how to download audio from website online.
Sometimes you need to download online audio from some popular websites like YouTube, Facebook or DailyMotion. However, it might be quite difficult to download audio from an online website directly to your computer, because they usually have different security measures.
Top 5 Methods to Download Audio from Website online
Based on different websites, the ways to download music are varied. If you want to download MP3 from websites like YouTube, Spotify or Facebook, a third-party video downloader can work.
If you want to download embedded audio from websites, you can use your web browser’s source code viewer to save the audio file to your computer.
Also, some embedded audio files can be saved directly to your computer using URLs. You can also use an audio recorder to record any soundtrack you need.
Now let’s dive into each method. Here we offer several commonly used solutions to download audio from online website.
Method 1: Download Audio Through browser extensions
One of the most used methods to download music offline is by using a browser extension on sites like YouTube or Spotify. It is even preferred by many people since it does not involve additional downloads to be able to download.
In the market, there are many extensions specialized in downloading audio from websites, among them you can find DZR Music Downloader. This extension is available for Google Chrome and is completely free.
With this extension you can download and save audio from Spotify, Deezer, SoundCloud and some other music download websites.
Downloads can be done easily, to enjoy your audios, as many times as you want and without connection. The extension performs music detection on the website you are visiting, and makes it easy for you to download it in one click, to save it.
All the audio files you download automatically go to the downloads folder on your Windows PC. And then you can listen to them as many times as you want, whenever you want and without the need for a connection.
In case DZR Music Downloader doesn’t meet your expectations, you can find similar extensions in the Chrome extension store.
Method 2: Through audio downloaders
Audio downloaders are websites that specialize in converting audio files and videos online into .mp3 files that can then be downloaded to your computer. They are also known as MP3 converters.
As a clear example of downloaders or audio converters we have:
The download time will depend on the size of the file being converted, but it takes a few minutes. The download mechanics are generally the same on all these websites. Let’s see an example by downloading from YouTube, with the Y2mate downloader .
- Find the audio you want to download on YouTube.
- Copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Now head over to the Y2mate website .
- Paste the copied URL into the search bar that appears on the site.
- Click the “ Start ” button.
- Then click the green “ Download ” button.
You have the option to select between MP3 and MP4, as well as the quality of the download. After a few minutes, the download process will complete.
The downloaded file can be seen in the “ Downloads ” folder.
Method 3: Performing the direct download of an embedded audio
Unlike music files that are hosted as videos on YouTube and similar websites, an embedded audio file is usually self-hosted. In such cases, you can follow these steps:
- Move your cursor over the audio file and the destination of the file will be displayed at the bottom of your browser. If the audio can be downloaded directly, the destination must end with the extension .mp3.
- Of course, the extension can also be WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, etc. In such cases, you just need to right click and select “ Save Link As ” to download the MP3 from the website.
- However, if it doesn’t show the destination, you must right-click in the blank margins of the page.
- Then select “ Inspect ” in Chrome or “ Inspect Item ” in Firefox to open the Inspect page .
- Press “ Ctrl + F ” and enter “ MP3 ” or other audio tags that the audio file may use.
- Once you locate the file address/link, you can open the link in a new browser page and download the audio.
- If you want to download the background music from web pages, you can also follow this step to search the audio and extract the audio from the websites.
Method 4: Through audio recorders
If the solutions mentioned above don’t work well, you can use a third-party music recorder to help you record audio from the online website.
There are a huge number of audio recorders on the net. This method is characterized in that you must download the recording software on your system and perform the recording from its interface. Some of these softwares are very easy to use, but others not so much.
Leawo Music Recorder is one of the audio recording programs that has been widely accepted for its ease of use and the quality of its recordings.
As an excellent and easy-to-use music recording software, Leawo Music Recorder allows you to record music for free from any built-in audio input, computer audio, and online music sources, and then save to MP3 or WAV format with lossless quality. .
You can record online and streaming music from more than 500 sites, such as YouTube, Spotify, AOL Music, Last.fm, etc., and automatically add tags when recording music.
Additionally, the software can also customize each recording by editing music tags such as song name, artist, year, and genre.
How to download audio from website using Leawo Music Recorder?
- Open the Leawo Music Recorder program
- Click the « Audio Source » icon to set the audio source. Since you are going to record online audio and streaming audio, you need to select the “ Record computer audio ” option
- Now select the “ Format ” tab and select the type of format you want to record between “ MP3 ” and “ WAV ”. Also, you can adjust audio parameters including bit rate and sample rate
- Now go to the « General » tab and click on the folder icon , to browse and choose an output path to save the audio
- Click the red “Start” button to activate the recording and then play the source files from the website. It should be noted that it is better to let this music recording software start recording before playing the source audio.
After a few minutes, you can get the audio you prefer with the automatically added audio tags. If needed, you can edit and add music tags like song title, genre, year and album.
Method 5: Free Audio And Music MP3 Downloader Websites
Using the solutions mentioned above, you will be able to download audio from online websites. There are several private websites to download free audio. Let’s look at some of them, which we consider to be among the best:
SoundCloud is a streaming music and podcast platform that lets you listen to millions of songs from around the world or upload your own.
You can find the latest and most popular music, collect songs and playlists, follow friends and artists, and discover podcasts, comedies, and news.
Once you’ve signed in to your SoundCloud account, click the download file button below the waveform. There you can learn more about how to download songs from SoundCloud .
2. Jamendo Music
Jamendo Music is a music website and open music sharing community service where thousands of independent artists share and promote their own music.
There are more than 500,000 music tracks from 40,000 artists in more than 150 countries on the website. Once you’ve logged into Jamendo, you can search for music and download the ones you like for free, in MP3 audio format.
Besides, you can also create your own playlists, save your favorite music and share music with others.
FreeSound is a CC-licensed collaborative repository of audio samples and a non-profit organization. It has more than 400,000 sounds and effects, and 8 million registered users.
Users can upload audio files on a wide range of topics to the website, from field recordings to synthesized sounds. You can explore, download and share sounds for free here.
Last.fm is a website that contains a huge amount of music catalog and allows you to listen to thousands of wonderful music. Create your own profile. Track what you listen to by searching across desktop and mobile apps or by connecting to many of your favorite music services.
If you want to use Last.fm offline, you can download free music as it has a free music download section sorted by number of plays.
5. Free Music Archive
Free Music Archive is a platform for collaboration between curators and artists, including radio stations, artist collectives, museums, music festivals, and more.
Known for free to download music under Creative Commons license, all songs are royalty free and can be downloaded and used even in videos, podcasts, movies, games, apps and even school projects without paying anything.
To Sum up
Being clear about the existing methods to download music and audio files online, you can select the one that suits you or your preference. Always consider, when making your selection, that it does not affect the performance of your machine, trapping a lot of RAM or CPU memory.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational purposes only and has been developed by referring to reliable sources and recommendations from experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.