Fitbits and Apple Watches have unquestionably become a part of our daily life. How Can I Get Apple or Fitbit Watch Coverage Through My Health Insurance? What companies provide it, and what are the risks involved? I’ll attempt to answer these questions in this essay.
These gadgets have us covered, whether it’s counting our daily steps or logging our health data. Furthermore, people utilize these devices to compete against their family and friends. Overall, these devices are a great approach to establishing good behaviors that will help you live a healthier life.
What could be better? In today’s world, life insurers are developing an optional program that rewards customers for adopting healthy habits.
Furthermore, users can get points for meditating or keeping track of their daily jogs. They can use those points to compensate for purchases made on Amazon and other sites. It also allows them to save money on insurance rates on occasion.
Are you looking for health insurance for your wearables? Let’s take a closer look at it:
Additional Reading: Which VO2 Max Watch Is Most Accurate?
How Can I Get Apple Or Fitbit Watch Coverage Through My Health Insurance? Which businesses provide it?
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) and Fitbit Join Forces:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) has partnered with Fitbit to offer a special deal on fitness trackers to its more than 60 million members.
- They hope to assist customers in developing and maintaining healthy behaviors by doing so.
- Mark Talluto, Vice President of Strategy and Analytics at the BCBS Association, believes that this strategic partnership will improve individualized health and Fitness. Customers could think about their health first and foremost in this way.
- More intriguingly, this partnership allows BCBS customers to receive a significant discount on Fitbit devices, ranging from 15% to 49%. Fitbit Charge 2, Versa Ionic, and other items are among the discounted Fitbit products.
- Blue365 Program: Customers will be able to purchase Fitbits through BCNS’s Blue365 discount Fitness program.
- In addition, if customers combine their purchase with a Tivity Health® Fitness Your Way gym membership, they will be eligible for additional promotions.
- Customers will be able to profit from other deals with the inclusion of this program with the help of this program.
- Memberships in a gym
- Fitness Equipment
- Options for a nutritious diet
- Stress management services are available.
- Hearing aids are devices that help people hear better.
- Dental and vision items
- The same organization also works with recruiters to help create a positive work environment. This is to provide members with cheap health and Fitness products.
- Employers can either sponsor or acquire Fitbit fitness tracking devices in bulk for their staff.
Additional Reading: Smartwatch Radiation - Health Risks & Protection Tips
UnitedHealthcare Motion for Fitbit Charge 2:
- UnitedHealthcare Motion is a Fitness program connected to wearable devices that are supported by the employer. UnitedHealthcare has made this initiative available to businesses, allowing Fitbit Charge 2 users to track their activity data against the program.
- According to Fitbit, the partnership allows users of the Motion program to earn up to $1,500 in annual prizes for achieving daily targets.
- This program is open to large and mid-sized enterprises on a national level. Still, it is not offered to small businesses.
Do you want to know how it works? How can I get UnitedHealthcare to pay for my Fitbit?
If you are a qualified employee, UnitedHealthcare or your company will send you a welcome email.
After that, you’ll need to create a unitedhealthcaremotion.com account.
There will be an option to open a new window as well as a store to purchase a fitness tracking device you currently own.
An “activation credit” may be applied to devices purchased or received as a gift if you use your own device.
Your device will be delivered to your home.
Then you’ll need to set up your device, start walking to achieve your daily FIT (Frequency, Intensity, Tenacity) targets, and sync your device on a daily basis.
As a result, you’ll be able to earn a daily reward that will be transferred three times a year into your HSA or HRA, as applicable.
Apple Watch UnitedHealthcare Motion Rewards Program — How to Get a Free Apple Watch:
In addition to collaborating with Fitbit, United Healthcare has also partnered with Apple to reward its staff.
Yes, you read that correctly. Why not receive an Apple Watch for free? The UnitedHealthcare Motion rewards program has enabled customers to do so.
It’s a digitalized national Fitness initiative that allows plan participants who qualify to receive fitness trackers to earn more than $1,000 per year by meeting specified daily walking goals.
Get Fit and Get Paid:
Employees that participate in UnitedHealthcare Motion will be able to earn a few dollars each day if they accomplish the following three objectives:
If you complete 500 steps in 7 minutes 6 times daily with a distance of at least an hour, you will earn $1.50 every day as a Frequency target.
Suppose if you reach 3,000 steps in half an hour each day, then you’ll earn $1.25 every day as an Intensity target.
If you take 10,000 steps throughout the day, you will earn $1.25 for each “Tenacity” step.
Active Rewards for Vitality:
Vitality Active Rewards encourages and rewards individuals for getting more active with the Apple Watch. It also ties in nicely with the Vitality program’s overarching goals and mission, which seek to promote better health and help people live healthier lives.
The initiative encourages insurance customers to exercise and achieve goals that earn them points by duplicating previous rewards. Over the course of two years, they may reduce or eliminate their monthly income in order to fund the Apple Watch.
Additional Reading: Let’s Find Out The Smartwatches That Can Play Apple Music
Purchase an Apple Watch Series 4 for the Lowest Price:
Customers at Vitality can now get the Apple Watch Series 4 for only $25 if they exercise consistently.
Members at Vitality can reduce or eliminate their monthly costs by earning points for Advanced or Standard Workouts.
Get an Apple Watch Series 3 instead: This offer is valid for members of New VitalityLife, VitalityInvest, and New VitalityHealth. You must make an initial upfront payment to take advantage of this deal. Furthermore, you will be charged a monthly fee based on your degree of physical activity during the previous month.
Aetna and Apple Collaborate:
Insurer Aetna teamed up with Apple to provide both consumers and recruiters with Apple Watch rebates. Aetna has made Fitness programs more enticing by including a gamification component. As a result, members will be more willing to participate and, as a result, may achieve better results.
The Attain by Aetna app is a breakthrough health experience created in collaboration with Apple.
This app connects your health history with the activities of your Apple Watch® to provide personalized goals, significant prizes, and achievable actions.
To put it another way, Attain is for everyone, from the casual gym-goer to fitness experts to parents who want to keep up with their kids while exercising.
By combining all of these elements, Attain has aimed to provide a cohesive health experience.
Participants must have an Apple Watch Series 1 or later version, as well as an iPhone 5S or later version, in order to participate in the Aetna program.
Both partners will protect your data:
According to Aetna, the data gathered by Attain will not be used to make premium, underwriting, or coverage decisions. On the other hand, this information will be used solely to improve the app’s personalized recommendations. Additionally, the acquired data will be encrypted in accordance with HIPAA. Apple and Aetna, to your delight, will protect your information.
Additional Reading: Best Smartwatches For Diabetics
The Drawbacks of Obtaining A Fitness Tracker Through A Health Insurance Provider
Yes, the businesses will keep your information safe, but it does not mean they will not utilize it for their own gain.
On the other hand, fitness trackers provide a wealth of information about your health, information that health insurance firms may use to advertise their products.
Suppose you’re interested in learning more about the privacy risks associated with wearing a fitness tracker. In that case, I have a related piece on my website that you should check out.
This type of collaboration between large insurers and fitness-tracking applications will result in a good shift in people’s health and well-being. On the one hand, these wearable devices enable users to keep track of their general health. On the other hand, they can collect points to receive incentives from other websites while also lowering their healthcare bills.
Are you a current or former employee of the company mentioned above or a member of the program as mentioned above? Make the most of your fitness objectives by taking advantage of this chance. What a fantastic stress reliever! So, stay healthy and fit while saving money on healthcare by keeping track of your health and fitness.
Additional Reading: Best Fitness Watch For Yoga
I hope my information on how to get health insurance to cover the cost of an Apple or Fitbit Watch was helpful.