For convenience, most people prefer a clip-on or wristband tracker over a fitness wristwatch when it comes to the best fitness trackers for yoga and dance.
The Fitbit Zip is the most popular clip-on tracker, while the Fitbit Charge 3 is the best wristband.
Later in this piece, I’ll further detail the benefits and drawbacks of clip-on and wristband yoga and dancing trackers.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Clip-on and Wristband Fitness Trackers for Yoga and Dancing
- For others, a controlled diet and fitness plan may be the way to go. However, many individuals still practice yoga to improve their well-being and overall health.
- Yoga has been shown to assist people in reaching a state of zen both physically and mentally.
- Many people believe that doing yoga helps them manage their anxiety while also keeping them in shape.
- Everything from food to technology has ensured that we move forward toward a better and greener lifestyle as the globe moves towards it.
- A generation of health and fitness fanatics was born due to specialized diets and workout routines.
- The fitness tracker is one such technological marvel that has completely transformed the fitness business.
- This little electronic device, which sits snugly on your wrist or coils around your bicep, is in charge of keeping track of all the data and numbers that will help you plan your diets, routines, and health measures.
- These cool gadgets come in various shapes and sizes, including wristbands, fitness watches, and a more practical clip-on version.
- The wristbands and clip-on trackers, on the other hand, are nearly indispensable for people who enjoy jogging, cycling, dancing, and, notably, yoga.
Additional Reading: Best Fitness Watch For Yoga
The Advantages of Clip-on Trackers for Yoga and Dance
- You won’t feel restricted with a clip-on tracker. When people practice yoga or dance, they want to feel light and in touch with their bodies.
- Wearing a large fitness smartwatch gets inconvenient after a while, and the sensation of carrying a weight about with you disrupts a yoga program in particular.
- The cost of clip-on trackers is likewise relatively low.
The Disadvantages of Clip-on Trackers for Yoga and Dance
- The disadvantage with clip-on trackers is that they cannot monitor your heart rate and only provide basic statistics such as step counts, calories burned, and distance traveled.
- Calorie burn isn’t accurate when there isn’t an HR tracker to base it on.
- Because yoga is a static activity, I wouldn’t advocate using a clip-on tracker unless you’re doing aerobic yoga, in which case a clip-on will suffice.
Benefits of Wristbands as Yoga and Dance Trackers
- Wristbands are lighter, more comfortable, and better suited to yoga and dance than fitness watches.
- Some fitness wristbands, such as the Fitbit Charge3, include a wrist-based HR monitor, which is crucial for determining your exertion levels from one session to the next.
- The HR monitor also aids in the calculation of calories burned.
Cons of Wristbands as Yoga and Dance Trackers
- When compared to the Clip-on, the wristbands are less precise when counting steps.
- Wristbands must be worn on the wrist (some will prefer to have free wrists).
Here are 5 of the top yoga and dance fitness trackers:
1. The Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker is the most widely used clip-on activity tracker
- Fitbit is well-known for its ingenious small gadgets, which are both fashionable and functional.
- This Amazon seller is the most incredible spot to look at it and buy it.
- The Fitbit Zip is no different.
- It keeps track of your steps and calories in the same way as any other fitness tracker.
- It is also sweat and waterproof, making it ideal for more intensive workouts, and it’s renowned for having a long battery life.
- The device is small and light, and it comes in a variety of hues, including black, grey, and charcoal.
- It connects wirelessly to various electrical devices, including iOS devices, laptops, and IoT-enabled statistics monitoring devices, using Bluetooth.
- When you buy a Fitbit product, you’ll be given the option to create a Fitbit account, allowing you to set and track daily goals and earn incentives for achieving them.
- Yoga and dancing will be added to your “Exercise app” as well. This will enable you to compare the intensity of your Yoga and dancing practices.
- The clip-on tracker has a very convenient design. It is lightweight already provides it an advantage, allowing you to go about your yoga routine without even realizing you are wearing a small device for monitoring your activity.
Additional Reading: Best Smartwatches For Diabetics
2. Bellabeat Leaf Fitness Tracker
- This little gadget changes things up for clip-on fitness trackers by being a really attractive small fitness buddy.
- This seller on Amazon is the best place to look at and buy it.
- You get all of the features of a fitness tracker, like counting your steps, total distance traveled, calories burned, and even statistics on your sleep cycle, but with the added benefit of it all complimenting your clothing.
- It will suffice if you want to track your progress in your Yoga classes and know how much work you put in each one.
- You may completely stylize fitness by wearing a fashionable tiny fitness tracker that also serves as a decorative brooch.
- Because the tracker isn’t designed to look like a tech accessory, you can feel more comfortable wearing it with various clothing.
- The Bellabeat Leaf also keeps track of your menstrual cycle. It sends you notifications about important dates and cycles, such as your period and ovulation.
- Also it aids in stress management and gives you more control over your sleep cycles. It syncs with Apple Health and Google Fit, allowing you to see all of the semantics from your workouts.
3. Misfit Ray
- Misfit is one of the most exciting activity bands firms today, having been acquired by FOSSIL a few years ago.
- Ray has fundamental tracking capabilities, such as step tracking, distance tracking, calorie tracking, and light and heavy sleep tracking.
- It is not the most accurate device on the market. Still, it will suffice if you want to keep track of how many calories you burn throughout each Yoga session.
- The Bellabeat Leaf, like the preceding item on this list, does not look like a fitness tracker at all but rather like a beautiful bracelet.
- Ray has a screen that is beneficial for Yoga classes; it’s there when you need a small and light device that you overlook.
- However, the Misfit app is why I included it on this list.
- The Misfit Fit app will allow you to create numerous sports activities, like Yoga, and track your progress in each one.
- The Misfit Ray is a lovely, helpful, and inexpensive device that delivers much value for the money.
4. Misfit Shine 2 is a sequel to Misfit Shine
- The Misfit Shine 2 is another Misfit tracker that is a beautiful and affordable option.
- The Misfit Shine 2 is a bit larger than the Ray, but it’s still a clip-on (the best way to use it for Yoga, in my opinion).
- You can use Misfit’s fantastic app to keep track of your Yoga classes and various other sports activities by simply setting them up in the app.
- The Misfit Shine 2 is a popular clip-on tracker that automatically measures distance traveled, calories burnt, steps done, various activities, and sleep time and quality.
- This device is a beautiful alternative for a Yoga and dancing monitoring device because of the excellent Misfit software, clip-on capability, and low pricing.
Additional Reading: Which VO2 Max Watch Is Most Accurate?
5. Fitbit Charge 3 – The Best Fitness Tracker For Yoga And Dancing With A Wrist-Based HR Monitor and Affordability
- Although this is not a clip-on device, I felt compelled to include it on this list.
- Fitbit introduced the Fitbit Charge 3 in 2018. A new fitness band for the popular Charge series with an updated design, water-resistance up to 50 meters, and up to seven days of battery life.
- The Charge 3 follows the Charge 2 model by around two years, with a similar design but with an aluminum body and a larger front screen with Gorilla Glass 3 that can display shades of grey rather than just black and white like the previous model.
- Another enhancement is the battery life. Up to seven days on the new model compared to five days on the previous model.
Fitbit managed to jam a lot of new features onto its latest fitness band, including:
- Continuous pulse monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- With over 15 different sporting activities, fitness training is centered on goals.
- For water sports activities, it has a water resistance of up to 50 meters.
- Sleep and sleep stages are being tracked.
- Your mobile device can send you notifications and information.
- Payment support is only available with the FITBIT PAY Special Edition.
- The band comes in black or pink aluminum. It comes with two bands: a black or blue-gray band in the ordinary model and a white or lavender band in the Special Edition with the built-in NFC chip and an additional strap.
- I chose Charge 3 as a yoga fitness tracker because you can add yoga as one of your sports activities in the app, which allows you to track your activity level during each Yoga session.
- Fitbit’s app also has a feature called “Fitbit Coach,” which allows you to do Yoga routines (requires paid subscription).
- It’s critical to be able to track different types of sporting activities because each one is unique and requires a different level of effort.
Additional Reading: Smartwatch Radiation - Health Risks & Protection Tips
The Fitbit Charge 3 is the most excellent fitness tracker for yoga and dancing. Still, suppose you prefer to be wrist-free and have accurate step counting as a top priority. In that case, one of the other outstanding clip-on trackers on the list above will suffice.