Do you have specific Android phone contacts whose incoming alerts you would like to keep private? Sometimes spam calls and texts appear and you prefer to filter those calls and keep user conversations secret. The following apps will successfully hide your call logs and SMS on Android from specific contacts. Similarly, we cover how to block text from chosen contacts on WhatsApp.
Hide calls and SMS on Android from specific contacts
There are many Android apps that hide your call and SMS history. But if you want this feature only for some specific contacts, we recommend Calculator Pro + , which helps to save call / SMS / MMS logs behind a typical calculator screen. Download the app from Play Store to continue.
A four-digit pin will hide contact calls and SMS logs behind the calculator display. Make sure to write down the PIN number. In case you forget the PIN, you will have to uninstall the application and start over.
Once the message box screen is displayed, you can see an option to add contacts that will take you to your contact list. From there, you can choose the contacts you want to filter beforehand.
After adding a contact to the private database, you will receive an alert that all SMS belonging to the contact have been moved. This includes all previous SMS messages and call logs related to the contact. You can have a custom notification enabled for each contact so you know it’s theirs.
Calculator Pro + has some advanced features such as buying a virtual phone number (in the Pro version), dark themes, and advanced settings where you can hide the application itself from your phone’s application menu. Once you have hidden the application, you can access it from the link that appears on the screen in any mobile browser.
Besides Calculator Pro +, you can use another related app, TextU , which filters calls and text messages for specific Android phone contacts.
Hide WhatsApp texts on Android from specific contacts
Many people use WhatsApp as an alternative to SMS messages. To block text messages and calls on WhatsApp for specific contacts, you need to download an application called Chat Locker for WhatsApp. Once this is done, you will need to set up a passcode. You can also use a fingerprint locker from the Settings of the app.
To use this app together with WhatsApp, you need to grant it permissions. On most Android phones, you can go to the “Accessibility” option in the phone settings and activate the application to access WhatsApp chat / group.
Now go to the home screen of WhatsApp Chat Locker and click on the “+” sign to add WhatsApp contacts.
Select the WhatsApp contact or group you want to filter out from prying eyes.
After adding, you can view the contact on the home screen of the chat locker app.
Once this is done, WhatsApp text messages and calls from this contact are no longer visible without re-entering the passcode.
Now that you’ve learned how to hide your call and message logs from specific people, you may want to hide your Android apps from snoopers. Better yet, learn how to disable notifications on your phone’s lock screen.
Take Your Knowledge to the Next Level
- Find out what an ISO is and how to burn an ISO to DVD on Windows, Mac and Linux, the main burning programs. All the information here!
- So, you want to know how to update this Widevine Content Decryption module of Chrome component and how to fix it in Windows 10? Keep reading.
- You are listening to some of your favorite songs on Spotify, the music stops and you see the error: “Spotify can’t play this right now“.
- As you explore Reddit, you’ll also find videos that you might want to save. Here are some methods to download Reddit videos on phone or PC.
- Know How to Troubleshoot YouTube App If It Not Working on Android Mobile or iOS Device. Also checkout the alternatives for YouTube App.
- There are several ways to check the health of your hard drive on Windows 10. This article explains the best methods. check out the guide..
- Google Authenticator can be helpful, but it’s annoying that Google hasn’t yet created an official desktop app. Let’s explore the ways to do..
- One of the most common errors in Google Chrome is the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain or DNS Probe Finished NXDomain. Know how to fix this easily