If you own an LG-branded or smart TV, then you'll be glad to know that you don't need to buy a TV or attach a plethora of unsightly backpacks to your iPhone or iPad to mirror its screen to the TV.
New App Store apps called Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV , both developed by AirBeamTV BV, allow you to stream your device's screen wirelessly to compatible smart TVs with ease.
Since I have a Samsung Smart TV, this tutorial will focus on it, but you should expect a similar user experience from…
For these applications to work, both the iPhone and the Smart TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they are, then you are good to go; otherwise, take care of it first.
How to view your iPhone screen on a Samsung smart TV
Once all your devices are connected to the same network, follow these steps to mirror your iPad screen to your Samsung smart TV:
1) via the App Store (a $ 4.99 value).
2) Run the application from your.
3) Wait for your Samsung smart TV to appear in the list of available TVs and then tap on it :
4) Your Samsung TV will ask if you want your device to connect. Using the TV remote control, select the Allow option and press the OK / Select button :
5) The application will ask you to enable the screen recording module in the Control Center and to enable access within the applications.
6) Go to Settings ? Control Center and enable the Access Within Apps switch :
7) Open the Customize controls cell and activate the screen recording module for.
8) Go back to Mirror for Samsung TV app and continue with the instructions by tapping the buttons at the bottom of the screen:
9) You will be asked to enable push; This allows the application to notify you when you connect and disconnect. You can decide.
10) After completing the instructions, you are taken to the application to test the mirroring feature. Start by looking for something you want to see on the big screen:
11) Next, open the Control Center and use a gesture (tap and hold unsupported devices) in the Screen Recording module:
12) Next, select the Samsung TV Mirror option instead of the option and tap on Start Broadcast :
And just like that, you should see your iOS device screen on your Samsung smart TV after a short delay:
Easy peas, lemon squeezed. Or something like that…
How to stop streaming
When you're ready to stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad screen to your Samsung Smart TV, just open Control Center and hit the screen recording button:
You will receive another banner notification advising you that the stream has stopped. When you see it, you are done mirroring your screen.
What you need to know
As nifty as the Mirror for Samsung TV app is, there are some caveats you should know before purchasing it. Most important of all is how this works only with Samsung Smart TVs manufactured from 2012. If you are not sure what you have, the developers recommend that you check the model type printed on the back of the TV unit :
This works on any Samsung Smart TV from models 2012. What model year do you have? You can see it by looking at the middle letter of your model (on the back of your Samsung TV).
E = 2012 F = 2013 H = 2014 J = 2015 K = 2016 M = 2017
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012. UE78_H_U8500L = 2014.
If you are using the Mirror for the LG TV app then things are a bit more complicated. The developers recommend making sure your TV is compatible.
Other things to keep in mind include:
WrappingWith all things considered, Mirror for Samsung TV and Mirror for LG TV could be useful utility apps if you have related smart TVs in your home.
Note that, Mirror for Samsung TV, while Mirror for LG TV. Each of these apps can save you from buying an even more expensive Apple TV to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen wirelessly, and also prevent you from connecting endless cables and backpacks to your iPhone to initiate an HDMI connection.
If you plan to watch a YouTube video here and there or surf the web on the big screen, then you might like what the app has to offer. Gamers and power users who can't deal with a small latency delay, on the other hand, should probably steer clear.