We move more and more files over the internet. To do it in an efficient and orderly way we have the FTP protocol . Through a client program we can upload or download files from any server that has the FTP service active ( normally through port 21 ). Here we list the best FTP clients for Mac.
Transmit (Paid FTP Client For Mac)
For us it is the best option. A very careful design blends it with the Apple universe. It is very fast, with simultaneous uploads and downloads that greatly speed up our upload and download processes. Transmit allows us to store in a clear and accessible way all the FTP servers that we need, together with the corresponding credentials. It even allows us to group them into folders. It also allows us to connect with our favorite Cloud services, some like these:
List of cloud services that you can add to Transmit
It is very easy to use due to its simple, clear and intuitive interface. Transmit costs $45 as of the date of this article. They’re definitely worth a look if FTP is a tool you use on your mac frequently.
FileZilla (Free FTP Client For Mac)
This is the most popular free option in the FTP world. Rare is the professional who hasn’t worked with it, or even who doesn’t have it installed on their Mac. Being free we can’t expect too much from this open source software , but without a doubt it works like a champion and fully covers our needs. It is the typical FTP solution that users who come from Windows install.
Design-wise, it leaves a bit to be desired. You need a makeup layer that turns the user interface into something more friendly, clear and manageable. Although it has everything you need, this is one of those programs that offers almost all its options at a glance. That manages to overwhelm the novice or occasional user. The site manager is a bit sparse and should be more at hand, learning from Transmit. At the end of the day, what we want to do 99% of the time we open an FTP client is connect to a server that we have previously saved ( hosting, our provider, etc. ).
Fully compatible with all versions of Mac.
Cyber Duck (Free FTP Client For Mac)
The third suggestion from our technical team is Cyberduck. A free FTP client, with a careful design and perfectly efficient in not very demanding circumstances. To highlight its Quick View function, that a simple hit on the space key allows us to preview the content of a file hosted on the server, in the purest MacOS style.
View of the Cyberduck favorites section. Frequently used FTP services are stored here.
The free version “ annoys ” us a bit with the request that we donate money to help develop the software. Element that we can eliminate if we buy a license from the Mac App Store itself .
Check out our Guides and Reviews to other Popular Apps and Software
- Checkout the list of the best software for wiring diagrams, explaining the advantages of using a specific program and the factors that must be taken into account when choosing it. Do not miss it.
- For those of you looking to bring your photos to life, just use our great free photo printing software and make photo printing fun and easy.
- When shopping for auto shop management software, make sure you choose one that fits your needs. Here is the list of the best one.
- Managing VPS Hosting will be easier by using the control panel. Come see the best vps control panel available at the moment.
- Would you like to know why omegle is not working when signing in? If you are a long-time user, you might be familiar with the error.