I'll show you how to sync Garmin Connect with the most popular fitness apps, including Strava, Google Fit, Samsung Health, Apple Health, Relive, RunKeeper, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal, Runtastic, Nike Run Club, and SportTracks.
People have been obsessed with fitness in recent years, which can be attributed to increased awareness. As a result, billions of fitness tracking apps have been released, each with its own features and significance. One drawback to effective fitness tracking apps is that they only work with specific devices. For example, you must decide if you want to use Google Fit, Apple Health, or other applications such as Endomondo or Strava to connect and track your activities. Given this constraint, it goes without saying that it is quite inconvenient, which is why we will assist you in syncing your devices with your apps.
Garmin Connect Syncing With 11 Popular Third-Party Fitness Apps
In this post, we'll show you how to sync Garmin Connect with a variety of fitness applications, including Strava, Google Fit, Apple Health, RunKeeper, and others. This synchronization will allow you to share the captured data with other programs publicly.
Additional Reading: HP vs. Lenovo Laptops
How to sync Strava and Garmin?
- Log in to Strava and select the upload option.
- Click "device" on the left side, then "get started" on the right.
- This brings up a dialogue window where you can connect to the Garmin.
- You'll be prompted to sign in via a pop-up window.
- A confirmation page will appear on Strava after a few seconds.
It will take a few minutes to connect, and the speed will vary depending on the device. It might, for example, connect by Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. I was able to sync the Garmin Fenix2 with Bluetooth Smart when I tested this connectivity. After I uploaded the activity, it took only a few minutes to transfer the data to Strava. It's important to remember that the activity will be kept under the same name as it was in Garmin.
I enjoyed the synchronizing because it took less than 20 seconds compared to the projected duration of three to five minutes. Also, because I enjoy personalizing, I changed the names of the activities.
How to sync Garmin Connect and Samsung Health?
Since Samsung's most recent update to its Health app, there is no longer an option to combine Garmin connect (along with many other popular applications) with Samsung Health.
Additional Reading: Best Always-On Display Smartwatches
How to sync Garmin Connect and Google Fit ?
- Because Garmin doesn't currently interface directly with Google Fit, this technique is a little complex and needs the use of a third-party app. In this technique, I'll employ the 'FitnessSyncer,' which will allow me to gain CARROT credit. So, let's get started with the steps!
- On your phone, install FitnessSyncer and Garmin Connect.
- Sign up for Garmin Connect by opening the app.
- Then, go to FitnessSyncer and register.
- In the FitnessSyncer app, go to "sources" and enter your Garmin Connect account.
- After login into the Gmail account, you add to the phone, go to "destinations," and add the Google Fit account data.
- Then open the CARROT app, go to settings, and select "Change Fitness Account" from the drop-down menu.
- Sign in using the same Gmail account you used to sign up for FitnessSyncer.
- After signing in, go to "home" and reload the app by dragging it down from the top bar.
- It will take a few minutes for all of your data to sync, and then you will be able to track your activity.
How to sync Apple Health and Garmin ?
Additional Reading: Which VO2 Max Watch Is Most Accurate?
- If you have an iPhone, we'll show you how to track and sync your activities in this section. So let's get started!
- To begin, you must allow Garmin Connect sharing from Apple Health (you must wait until the data has been shared with Garmin Connect since if the app is closed, the sharing will stop, and synchronization will be disrupted).
- Open the Apple Health app after you've signed in.
- From the menu, select "sources."
- "Connect" should be selected.
- Simply turn on the "write to health" activity now.
- Before moving on to the CARROT app, sync the Garmin tracker and Connect app.
- If you want to stop the synchronization, go to Apple Health and disable it under "Sources."
How to sync RunKeeper and Garmin ?
You'll need access to the Strava and RunKeeper passwords for this section. You should be aware that interacting with social networking apps and entering your Google account password will not function. If you forget your password, you may reset it by clicking "forgot password" and saving the new passwords. After you've obtained the passwords, proceed to the next step:
- To begin, open the RunKeeper app and navigate to the account settings section of the settings menu.
- Click "Export data" on the left side and fill in the data range.
- You must click on the download icon that appears.
- Then go to your Strava account, sign in, and select "upload activity."
- Click on "file" in the left menu and unzip the RunKeeper file you just downloaded.
- Upload the.GPX files after they've been unzipped.
You'll be able to find all of your data on RunKeeper and Strava once you've uploaded it.
IT WORKED WELL when I tested this method, and there were no issues.
How to sync Endomondo and Garmin ?
This is a relatively simple technique because it has been completely mechanized. This technique will allow you to automatically sync your workouts from Garmin Connect to Endomondo. So, let's get started with the steps!
- Go to the settings on the Endomondo app if you're using it.
- Then select "connect and share" from the drop-down menu.
- Simply click "connect" to your Garmin account.
- Now, log in with your Garmin Connect credentials.
- Enable Endomondo's ability to read and access Garmin Connect data.
- Everything will be synced automatically once you enable the option.
I was able to sync the lap splits, calories, workout map, cadence, heart rate, and altitude data using this way. To be honest, I was blown away by the precision.
How to sync MyFitnessPal and Garmin ?
This method is simple to follow, and the processes aren't complicated. So, let's see what we can do to assist you!
- Sign in to the Garmin Connect app.
- There is a navigation bar on the left side from which you must select "Health Stats."
- To connect to MyFitnessPal, select "calories in/out" and then "link to MyFitnessPal."
- Now log in with your MyFitnessPal credentials.
- You will be logged in, and all of your data will be immediately synced, albeit this may take a few minutes.
How to sync Runtastic and Garmin ?
- Then, from the Runtastic app's settings, go-to partner accounts.
- Select "Garmin Connect" from the drop-down menu.
- Sign in with your Garmin Connect account details and approve the Runtastic app once you've connected.
- All you had to do was do this, and the data would be synced in no time!
After syncing the apps, I went for a jog and received the message as soon as I stopped jogging. I was blown away since I hadn't expected such accuracy.
Additional Reading: Smartwatch Radiation - Health Risks & Protection Tips
How to sync Nike Run Club and Garmin ?
When I tried to sync Garmin Connect with the NRC app, it worked perfectly because I went for a run with the watch on my wrist, and when I checked my phone, everything was already linked. Follow the steps below if you want the same hassle-free syncing.
- Go to the settings section of the Nike Run Club app.
- Select Garmin Connect from the "Partner" tab.
- Sign in with your Garmin Connect credentials and turn on data sharing.
This concludes our discussion.
How to sync SportTracks and Garmin ?
I was able to set everything up in less than five minutes using this way. Everything will be automated once you've completed the setup, and you'll have nothing to worry about (just like me!) So, let's get started with the steps:
- Select "My Account" from the SportTracks app.
- Then, select "Connect" from the drop-down menu on the sharing tab.
- Then select Garmin Connect and enable data sharing.
- Once you've given your permission, click the "Finish" button to complete the process.
How to sync Relive and Garmin ?
- Go to the settings section of the Relive app.
- Then select "Connected trackers" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Garmin Connect" and log in with your Garmin Connect credentials.
- After logging in, when prompted for authorization and permission, select "I consent."
- Everything will be synced up after you give your consent!
So, please let us know if you were able to sync things up as smoothly as I did!