If you are looking for the best cleaning apps for iPhone, we have a suggestion for you. When Steve Jobs launched the iPhone in 2007, it was a technological revolution . But today there is a lot going on in the smartphone industry.
Smartphones can be thought of as powerful little computers, and the iPhone is no exception. But storage space is a big issue for such small devices.
Even if you have a high-end iPhone with a lot of storage space, it can be filled with junk files created by various operations.
Also, junk files affect memory and processor performance and slow down iPhone. In this case, a cleaning app can help. These applications can intelligently scan the system and detect the unwanted files that need to be removed.
Why is it important to clean the iPhone and iPad Storage?
The first thing you'll be asked when it comes to iPad cleaning apps is whether it's really important to clean your iPad. The answer to this question is very simple. You may have noticed that your iPad is sometimes running slowly or exhibiting similar symptoms:
- iPad starts up slowly.
- Your applications take too long to start.
- iPad crashes all of a sudden.
- It freezes for unknown reasons.
- An update cannot be completed.
- And much more.
Although you think it's natural, actually your storage has a lot to do with it
, and fixing it can solve your problem. Many aspects of storage have a significant impact on iPad performance, such as browser data, app data, and system data.
As this data is very sensitive, especially system data, it should not be taken lightly. That's why it's important to find a reliable app to clean your iPad, rather than doing it yourself. And that brings us to our first post on the best cleaning app for iPad.
10 Best Apps to Clean Your iPhone and iPad Storage
There are many tools on the AppStore called cleaning apps. But unfortunately, not all of these apps are real. Some of them are just plain rubbish and serve no purpose other than to give you some mental satisfaction.
But I have used a few cleaning apps over the years, and some have surprised me. They work very well
, as do desktop cleaning applications. So here is a list of the best iPhone cleaning apps that you can use without any hesitation.
Smart Cleaner is probably the most popular app to clean memory on iPhone devices. As the name suggests, this app cleans up your storage smartly and efficiently.
BPMobile is the creator of Smart Cleaner, and its developers regularly release new updates for this app.
The most interesting thing about this application is that you can use voice commands to carry out cleaning tasks. The app can be downloaded for free, but you will have to pay extra to use the advanced features.
- This app can also detect similar and duplicate photos to free up storage space.
- It has a nice storage widget that shows the status on the home screen.
- You can bulk delete photos based on various criteria like location, type, etc.
- There is an awesome photo hiding feature.
- You can save and delete unnecessary contacts to clear the clutter.
The application interface is very friendly and easy to use. Even the free version offers many features.
It can't clear your iPhone's memory, which is a drawback.
Boost Cleaner was developed by Sharp Forks Limited
and has become very popular over the years. The container is quite small and works great. The user interface is quite minimalist and simple.
You will find all the functions you need on the home page. You can use it to manage photos, videos, contacts and other files that clog your memory. Although this app is free
, you can opt for a subscription to get full functionality.
- This tool allows you to organize your media files so that you can easily find the one you want.
- You can filter your photos by various parameters to find duplicates.
- Contact phone numbers and email addresses can be easily merged and deleted.
- Large videos that take up a lot of memory space can be deleted.
- With this application a detailed cleaning history can be viewed at any time.
The app is well suited to iPad devices with large screens. The workflow is also fast and smooth.
The free version shows a lot of intrusive ads, which is a big problem.
Clean Doctor is a powerful one touch app to clean your iPhone. It uses its advanced algorithms to detect spam and duplicate files. You can also manually scan the junk files
with this app. This application saves both disk space and your valuable time.
You can subscribe to the Pro version on a monthly or yearly basis. It's a bit pricey, but I think the performance fully justifies the price. The tool also offers some additional tools, which is very nice.
- It can detect duplicate GIFs, screenshots, and live photos.
- A built-in photo organizer lets you organize your photos.
- You can remove reminders and overdue calendar events, a unique feature.
- You can add your own cleaning widget to the home screen for quick access.
- The tool supports dark mode, just like native iOS 14 apps.
Clean Doctor is powered by artificial intelligence and has additional features like a memory monitor and a sound generator.
Most features require a Pro subscription, which is a bit pricey.
4. Clean My Storage
Clean My Storage is a simple but useful application to organize your storage space. The functions are quite simple
and even non-technical people can use this tool.
What I like the most is the storage monitoring feature. The tool has a series of widgets on the home screen that give an idea of the storage space that is used. The free version displays ads
, which can be annoying, but can be easily removed by spending a few bucks.
- The program can detect blurry photos that you can delete to save storage space.
- Searching for contacts without names and contact details can make your phone cleaner.
- You can get a memory overview to see which apps are overloading your memory.
- A network tester is included, which is a great added value.
- The colorful user interface with gradient effects goes well with the Retina display.
: There is an option to back up your contacts, which is useful for those who don't want to rely on iCloud for backups.
: The size of the application itself is huge and it takes up a lot of disk space.
This app is not particularly popular on the AppStore. So I was a bit skeptical about the performance of the app. However, after using it for a while, I found that it works like a champ.
The app does not have as many features as other similar apps. But it is very easy to use
. Also, the price of the Pro subscription is very affordable and I think it is a must-have app for your iPhone.
- This tool can sort photos and videos by size and used space.
- With this app, it's easy to delete multiple files at the same time.
- You can view the metadata of the files to prevent them from being accidentally deleted.
- The application has a powerful contact manager.
- You can display the storage status in a pie chart.
At only 20MB in size, this app is a great example of a well coded and effortless app.
Does not offer additional options to delete temporary files and application data.
6. Phone Storage Cleaner for iPhone and iPad
The developers have used a fairly generic name for this iPhone cleaning app, which sounds a bit spammy. However, in practice, this application works perfectly.
Many users use this app regularly and I haven't found any serious complaints about it. The app works the same way
as most iPhone cleaning apps.
It accesses your memory and its advanced scanner detects unnecessary files
so that you can eliminate them permanently. You can subscribe to weekly and yearly plans to purchase a subscription to the app.
- The app is designed specifically for the iPad, but it works well on the iPhone as well.
- It has four different cleaning modes that are very easy to use.
- You can do many things with your contacts, like merge them, delete them, etc.
- The file filtering option is very advanced and has many settings.
- You can also use Web Cleaner to remove unwanted files from your browser.
: You can set a custom reminder to clean up, and the app will notify you when it's time to remove unwanted files.
: Pop-ups asking you to upgrade to the Pro version are very annoying and should be taken into account.
7.Phone Cleaner-Clean Storage
This is another iPhone cleaning app with a huge user base. It offers some useful features that will make you change your mind about these cleaning apps.
Admittedly, I was quite surprised at how effective this tool
is, although there are a number of operating system limitations for third-party cleaners. If you are a regular user, the free version of the app will suffice for you. However, we recommend the Pro version, which offers excellent value for money.
- The battery and memory widget can be placed on the home screen.
- For duplicate photos, there is a one-click delete function.
- The media organization feature in this tool is well thought out.
- There is an option to cancel the cleaning process, which is very convenient.
- You can place your photos as widgets on your home screen to decorate it.
: This app can recover your accidentally deleted photos and videos, which is a lifesaver for many of us.
: Sometimes the search for duplicates malfunctions, which can be a problem.
8. Gemini Pictures
Don't let the name of this app fool you. It's not just a photo viewer. On the contrary, this tool, developed by MacPaw, is a powerful gallery cleaner for your iPhone.
On iPhone devices, photos and videos take up a lot of memory space. This is because these devices cannot use expandable SD cards. This special app can intelligently identify unwanted photos from your camera list. You can also delete photos from iCloud
, which is a nice touch.
- This tool can detect photos with poor cropping, closed eyes, and blurry foregrounds.
- You can quickly delete screenshots and annotated photos with a simple touch.
- The camera's PhotoRadar feature monitors the camera roll and prevents memory overflow.
- The UI design follows the design language of iOS 14, which is minimal and clean.
- The organization of the photos is also a nice feature.
: There's a handy one-time purchase option that removes ads, and you don't have to see annoying pop-ups to upgrade to the Pro version.
: This tool doesn't work with video, which is a shame, especially for those who shoot a lot of video.
9. Cleaner – Clean Duplicate Item
This is a handy iPhone cleaning app from Brain Craft Ltd. This tool can perform many tasks beyond basic memory cleaning. Also, some smart features can indirectly save a lot of memory
. I also like this tool because it has preventative features that will prevent your storage from blowing up.
The version of this tool can do some deletion and backup automatically. But you can be fully satisfied with the powerful free version
of this app.
- The most interesting feature of this tool is the smart erase feature.
- You can easily merge and delete unnecessary contacts using the contact merge feature.
- This tool also works as a backup tool that can be used to clear clutter.
- The application has a powerful compression mechanism for photos and videos.
- You can move important contacts and files before you permanently delete them.
: I think most people will prefer this program over others because of its video compression feature. Videos on iPhone take up a lot of space and this feature can be very useful.
: The user interface is well designed, but the overall experience and workflow is a bit of a hassle for new users.
Super Cleaner has become very popular with millions of active users. It is a one-stop solution for cleaning iPhones and iPads. It is rare to find such a powerful tool that offers all types of cleaning in one package. That's what Super Cleaner does.
Features are well organized
by categories on the home page. The home screen of this app also has a system monitor that gives you an overview of your system.
- Preview photos and videos before permanently deleting them.
- Automatically filter contacts with incomplete data and sort them by categories.
- Categorized photos and videos can be saved in a personal folder.
- Overdue calendar events can also be deleted with this powerful tool.
- Super Cleaner is also great at compressing photos and videos to save memory space.
The app is small and compatible even with old iPhone and iPad devices with low memory.
The media cloaking feature doesn't seem to be very reliable.
Wipe iPhone and iPad without an app: tips and tricks
As mentioned at the beginning, sometimes you don't need to download an app to clean iPhone. If you stay in cleaning mode, your memory will not overflow and your phone will not run out of power, allowing you to keep all the information you need.
If you need our tips and advice, grab a pen and paper!
1. Delete all the photos, videos and files that you no longer use.
This is the first advice we give you. Although it seems simple, we often forget about it. Go through everything you've saved and delete what you don't need
. Pay special attention to live photos, as they take up much more space than normal photos.
2. Store your files in the cloud
If you have photos or documents on your device that you don't use on a daily basis, you're unnecessarily wasting storage space. The solution? Upload all your files to the cloud
. You can use iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive
or any other service of your choice.
You can access them whenever you want, and since they are not stored locally, you save space. It's also a great way to save and view your document from any device.
3. Free up memory by deleting apps
Are you using all the apps you have downloaded? Probably not, although you know that they take up memory and slow down your device. If you want to free up RAM on your iPhone, one of the best ideas is to uninstall apps you don't use.
To remove them, hold down the app icon for a few seconds and tap the letter X that appears above it. In any case, iOS gives you the option to do it yourself.
Under “Storage”, you will find the “Delete unused apps” function. If you turn on this feature, apps that you haven't used for some time will be deleted automatically.
4. Check battery status
If your iOS device is several years old, the battery is likely damaged. This not only affects battery life
but also slows down the performance of your device.
To check the battery status, go to Settings > Battery > Battery status. Check the maximum capacity: if it is less than 50%, it is time to replace it with a new one.
5. Delete files from messaging apps like WhatsApp
WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging applications. We not only send text messages, but also photos, videos, audio, etc.
WhatsApp also shows all the files you have shared in a conversation so you can delete them. Just go to "Storage" in the app
, open any conversation, and delete whatever you want.
6. Delete everything in the "Other" section.
What does iOS consider as "other"? The truth is that you can find everything in this store. From here, you can delete temporary files and history, and learn how to delete cookies
on your iPhone. We do not want you to lose all your information
7. If all else fails… iPhone Recovery
If you've followed all of our recommendations, tried iPhone cleanup apps and didn't get good results, it's time to restore your device! Remember to make a backup first
so that you can recover your data later.
We know that cleaner apps are very concerned about the privacy of your iPhone. We have personally checked all the applications and have not found anything suspicious. So we think you can trust them.
The above content published at Collaborative Research Group is for informational purposes only and has been developed by referring to reliable sources and recommendations from experts. We do not have any contact with official entities nor do we intend to replace the information that they emit.